Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-01-2022, 05:32 AM   #1
kevin3289
Evangelist
kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Smile A Spiritual War, Free ebook

A Christian Bible study e-book. Some in depth subjects include a long hidden mystery concerning the tribe of Benjamin and the wall of New Jerusalem. Also the Rogue Pharaoh Akhenaten and how he might relate to the Bible, as well as a piece about the future descent of New Jerusalem. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IBGGIZK/
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01IBGGIZK/

Available now before 6th June 2024.

Last edited by kevin3289; 06-01-2024 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Needed to add an image
kevin3289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 03:15 AM   #2
kevin3289
Evangelist
kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevin3289 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A Spiritual War will be free now at the above links until the 6th of January 2023.
Old 01-01-2023, 05:40 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
You are still doing UK marketplace wrong.
Quote:
This title is not currently available for purchase
Like last time, it's only "available" if you don't login with a UK account.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 11:10 AM   #4
kevin3289
Evangelist

Sorry, but not sure what you mean by that.
I don't know if it is possible to have an individual membership on UK Amazon if I already have a US one.
I noticed something odd recently, after uploading an EPUB file to Amazon. I checked my book pages afterwards and a message showed on each book page. It just said the book was unavailable at that time. I was confused for a bit, until I realised that I was still logged in to US Amazon, After I logged out, the.pages went back to normal again.
Old 01-01-2023, 11:19 AM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I don't know if it is possible to have an individual membership on UK Amazon if I already have a US one.
You can't. Nor can you dowload ebooks from other than your Market Place, except for one exception, which isn't really an exception.
So if you live in Austria, Switzerland or German, as far as Amazon knows, you can only download from Amazon Germany, even if an English ebook.
You can only download Kindle ebooks from the Marketplace that has the address of your kindle, though Irish users can elect to buy in US Doilars instead of Sterling. Only the same books are available as for UK customers

I've been using KDP for years. You haven't added the UK Market place properly. I can only test/buy what a UK user would be able to buy, though I'm in Ireland,
Old 01-01-2023, 11:33 AM   #6
kevin3289
Evangelist

I don't know if you have ever released a book on Amazon, but the setup is very simple and direct.
You just choose which countries you want the books to be available in, and Amazon does the rest. I will try logging into Amazon UK to see if it is different, but I can't imagine how it would be.
I just tried logging in to Amazon UK and it just logged me into my Amazon US account.
I checked to see if Ireland is one of the countries where my books are available, and it isn't, which may have something to do with the problem. Some countries just aren't a viable option for Amazon payments, and would be more trouble than they are worth. It has always been a bit of a headache.

Last edited by kevin3289; 01-01-2023 at 12:16 PM.
Old 01-01-2023, 02:16 PM   #7
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Read the line above. I've been doing it for years. but never KDP Select as that gives Amazon a monopoly.

Ireland is part of UK, Austria & Switzerland are part of Gemany.

Also ONLY login and upload at same marketplace you buy on with same ID. The only need to log into other regions is add different Blurb.

These are the Amazon Marketplaces to serve over 100 countries.
Zero price is no longer possible on Amazon.
Quote:
Pricing, royalty, and distribution
Select a royalty plan and set your Kindle eBook list prices below
35% [needed for 99c]
70% [Minimum price $2.99]
Your book file size after conversion is 1.05 MB.
Marketplace
List Price
Delivery
Rate
Royalty
Amazon.com
$
USD
Must be $2.99-$9.99
Base all marketplaces on this price
$0.00 $0.16
35% 70%
$1.22 $2.33
Amazon.in

INR
Must be ₹49-₹10999
Base this price on Amazon.com
₹254
without IN GST
₹0
35%
₹89
Amazon.co.uk
£
GBP
Must be £1.77-£9.99
£0.11
70%
£1.67
Amazon.de

EUR
Must be €2.69-€9.99
€2.79
without DE VAT
€0.13
70%
€1.86
Amazon.fr

EUR
Must be €2.69-€9.99
€2.83
without FR VAT
€0.13
70%
€1.89
Amazon.es

EUR
Must be €2.69-€9.99
€2.88
without ES VAT
€0.13
70%
€1.92
Amazon.it

EUR
Must be €2.69-€9.99
€2.45
without IT VAT
€0.13
70%
€1.62
Amazon.nl

EUR
Must be €2.69-€9.99
€2.74
without NL VAT
€0.13
70%
€1.83
Amazon.co.jp
¥
JPY
Must be ¥99-¥20000
¥363
without JP VAT
¥0
35%
¥127
Amazon.com.br
R$
BRL
Must be R$1.99-R$400.00
R$0.00
35%
R$6.65
Amazon.ca
$
CAD
Must be $2.99-$9.99
$0.16
70%
$3.38
Amazon.com.mx
$
MXN
Must be $34.99-$149.99
$0.00
35%
$29.84
Amazon.com.au
$
AUD
Must be $3.99-$11.99
$5.45
without AU GST
$0.16
70%
$3.70
I'd only offer "Free" on Google and Smashwords, because you can't offer Free on ordinary KDP, only KDP Select.

Smashwords also redistributes to Kobo, Apple, Barnes & Noble and aothers.

Quote:
I just tried logging in to Amazon UK and it just logged me into my Amazon US account.
I explained that's not possible. You can go to other Marketplaces only via KDP control panel and only for blurb.
Price and availability is set via a single KDP page.

Go Bookshelf and on an ebook Go Promote & Advertise to upload new content, set prices & Marketplaces.

Make you books 99c or $2.99 on Amazon without KDPSelect. Then offer free when you want on Google Playbooks and Smashwords.

I can't tell what you are doing wroing, but this second time the eBook seems to be only available to those with a USA residential address.

A US accommodation address used to work for a Kindle, but Amazon are blocking them for Digital Content.

Last edited by Quoth; 01-03-2023 at 08:15 AM.
Old 01-01-2023, 02:20 PM   #8
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Re-read https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/help/topic/G200641280
Old 01-01-2023, 07:49 PM   #9
kevin3289
Evangelist

Sorry, but I just checked my download results.
So far I have had 81 downloads from the US, 2 from the UK, and 4 from Canada. I have been doing this since 2008, and always get most of my downloads from the US anyway. Never seem to get more than a few from other countries. Just a thought, but maybe the problem is at your end. I did a Google search, and people often have problems with Amazon downloads.
Old 01-02-2023, 03:26 AM   #10
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

No, it's not my end. Checking price on dozens of books daily for almost 10 years. The few times this happened it was "distribution rights" with a large publisher and solved by searching UK rather than US title. Your case is unique for me in almost 10 years.

Also Amazon statistics are not reliable as they are only by Marketplace, not country.

It may be that some marketplaces don't support "free" as part of KDP Select (because maybe they only do KDP rules which doesn't allow free), but I don't know because you couldn't pay me to use KDP Select, it's monopolist and I expect to be found to be illegal somewhere. So I just use KDP.

I'm not being critical of you, but offering suggestions to help from doing various kinds of publishing and marketing for over 25 years. Go KDP, not KDP Select, either 99c 30% margin or $2.99 70% margin, free isn't possible now, used to be. Periodically offer Free via Smashwords and Google Playbooks. They cost nothing to use and can use the same epub, cover and meta data as KDP upload. Smashwords sells direct and also re-distributes to at least Apple, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, Odilo and Scribd. You can separately make a Dual Mobi in Calibre from epub and upload that to Smashwords purely for their own Kindle customers. Don't upload ms doc to Smashwords.

Do you want to benefit Amazon or reach readers as widely as possible?

Last edited by Quoth; 01-02-2023 at 03:40 AM.
Old 01-02-2023, 06:43 AM   #11
kevin3289
Evangelist

Quote:
Do you want to benefit Amazon or reach readers as widely as possible?
I am in an unpopular genre, and rarely get paid downloads anyway. When I first started out, I agonized over all of the pros and cons for several years, but finally decided to stick with Amazon for as long as possible. I have written seven books, but don't expect to be writing any more.
Depending on how things develop, I might expand to the other side of the market as well. Things chop and change in the writing industry all the time, and there are easy to miss details when you do business with a company. For example, some companies and even countries can instantly pay dividends for a book immediately into your account. The problem is that living in Australia means every time I received such a payment, the bank fees would cost far more than the price of the book.
Spreading myself wider would also be spreading myself thinner since Amazon still controls the majority of the market.
In my particular situation, I believe it would be promotional suicide for me to try to spread out at this time. I have done enough promotions to know that spreading myself wider would ultimately do my work no good at all. I might get a few extra downloads at first, but then my books would be dead in the water. At least with Amazon, I can continue taking the long view, since I am not in any hurry.
I understand how those people with many books in a popular genre can take the short view and get really big fast, but that won't work for everyone. Good luck to them I say, but a lot of authors have been going out of business as well.
In the end, every author is faced with the same difficulties, but under different circumstances.
Succeed or fail, it is for each of us to decide for ourselves which way we will go.
Old 01-02-2023, 07:45 AM   #12
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Do Amazon as well, not exclusive!
Quote:
Spreading myself wider would also be spreading myself thinner since Amazon still controls the majority of the market.
No logic in that. Doesn't apply to ebooks as there is zero charges for upload or listings.

You are cutting off part of the market for no advantage.
Old 01-02-2023, 08:05 AM   #13
kevin3289
Evangelist

Afraid we will have to agree to disagree on that, but good luck to you.
Just as a late thought, I expanded the availability of my books to 11 more areas of the world, including Ireland. Hopefully that will fix the download problem.

Last edited by kevin3289; 01-04-2023 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Just added a further comment
Old 04-01-2023, 04:11 AM   #14
kevin3289
Evangelist

A Spiritual War is free now before 6th April 2023.
Old 04-03-2023, 06:51 AM   #15
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

And finally works on Amazon UK marketplace!