Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 08-30-2022, 09:39 PM   #1
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Eink-friendly Epub and Mobi reader apps?

I hate the Boox NeoReader app.

Among other frustrations, I haven't figured out a way to set margins, and keep the toolbar from overlapping the middle-right of each page.

I tried FBReader, but so far it's far worse. It seems to be designed for dark mode on a conventional glowing screen. It has appearance settings, but I can't find one to get it into black-on-white text.

... What reader apps can people recommend?

I need to avoid animation, blinking cursors, anything that requires swipes, etc.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 10:32 PM   #2
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Eink Browser can open epub, but not mobi. I could set Calibre to not export mobi to this device.
Advert
Old 08-31-2022, 03:52 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The Pocketbook app is supposed to be good for reading ePub.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 08:06 AM   #4
MrE
MrE began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note Pro
I highly recommend KOReader. Amazing customization options (not sure whether it supports .mobi).
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 04:36 PM   #5
MarjaE
Guru

Thank you. KOReader seems to work.
Advert