Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-27-2022, 03:56 PM   #1
greenskye
greenskye began at the beginning.

Device: none
Epub -> AZW3 conversion. Kindle displays incorrect chapter, but TOC is correct

Sideloaded an AZW3 file to my kindle. The book has a proper TOC that I can navigate just fine. However the displayed chapter when you bring up the menu always displays the first chapter in the book "Title Page" regardless of what chapter you are on.

Previously I've encountered this error with books that have nested TOCs, however this book does not have one. I did go in and flatten the TOC anyway just in case. I've also tried the conversion option "Do Not Add Table of Contents", but nothing helped.

Any idea how to fix this?
greenskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 04:00 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What eBook is this and where did it come from?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2022, 04:18 PM   #3
greenskye

Looks like my last reply got deleted. Perhaps I'm not allowed to upload the ebook? The book is a freely available webnovel so not sure why not...

Anyway it's Martial World from wuxiaworld.com

I loaded it to a Kindle Oasis (non-warm light version)
Old 07-27-2022, 04:30 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenskye View Post
Looks like my last reply got deleted. Perhaps I'm not allowed to upload the ebook? The book is a freely available webnovel so not sure why not...

Anyway it's Martial World from wuxiaworld.com

I loaded it to a Kindle Oasis (non-warm light version)
Free does not meant you have the rights to distribute. Wuxia licensed the Chinese version to Translate.
I have passed request to the Greenies for approval.

That book has an insane number of files and 2 over 260K (older RMSDK hate) . 18M will choke many a viewer
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 06:28 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How do you download this eBook as an ePub?
Advert
Old 07-27-2022, 06:44 PM   #6
greenskye

The genre does tend to result in crazy epubs. Tends to be a hazard with 2000+ chapter novels. I'll break them up occasionally if the performance is bad.

The version I have is a paid epub download they offer to support the site, but fanficfare works to download these stories
Old 07-28-2022, 02:00 PM   #7
greenskye

Any ideas on things to try?
Old 07-28-2022, 02:14 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

YOu could split it into a multiple eBooks with a reasonable number of chapters.
Old 07-28-2022, 04:53 PM   #9
greenskye

Thank you for the tip. I have longer books on my kindle without this issue (some ~3000 chapters long). Typically all that happens is that it takes 30 seconds to open the TOC. I'd never run into this issue before and it didn't strike me as a performance problem, but it was.

Splitting the book into 500 chapter chunks with the EpubSplit plugin seems to have solved the issue. Thanks again!
Old 07-28-2022, 05:32 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenskye View Post
Thank you for the tip. I have longer books on my kindle without this issue (some ~3000 chapters long). Typically all that happens is that it takes 30 seconds to open the TOC. I'd never run into this issue before and it didn't strike me as a performance problem, but it was.

Splitting the book into 500 chapter chunks with the EpubSplit plugin seems to have solved the issue. Thanks again!
Your welcome. Happy to help.