Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-24-2022, 02:44 PM   #1
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO.PocketBook.ONYX
AZW and AZW3 format support for Pocketbook devices soon?

• The new update 6.5.2892 for Inkpad 3 (PB740) will bring a lot of improvements and changes, but I think the most important one is the possibility to use the AZW and AZW3 book format

• After the update, I feel better reactivity, especially when working with PDF.

I am sure that in the next few days a new update will be released for other notamnet Pocketbook ERA models.

... This new update is progressively released for other devices such as:.

Inkpad 3 (PB740) Firmware 6.5.2892
https://support.pocketbook-int.com/f...nkPad_3_EN.pdf

Touch LUX 4 : Firmware v.6.5.2307
Relase note : 10. Support of AZW- and AZW3-formatted books
https://support.pocketbook-int.com/f...x_4_EN_6.5.pdf

Pocketbook Color Firmware 633.6.5.2891 Support of AZW- and AZW3-formatted books
https://support.pocketbook-int.com/f...lor_EN_6.5.pdf

.. etc

SOURCE : https://pocketbook.ch/en-ch/support

• You can upload AZW books directly to your device, or you can even use send-to-pocketbook services.

Release Notes Firmware v.6.5.2892 (Inkpad 3) :

https://support.pocketbook-int.com/fw/740/u/6.5.2892/rn/ww/RN_PB_InkPad_3_EN.pdf

• More detailed information can be found at:

https://cod-box.net/pocketbook-ajout...s-azw-et-awz3/

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 07-24-2022 at 05:04 PM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 04:02 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can you please show us an actual page from a KF8 eBook showing if there is kerning and hyphenation? Thanks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2022, 04:37 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
FWIW, I AirDropped an AZW3 file to my phone, the PocketBook app alone offered to receive it, but many minutes later, it is still showed a PocketBook logo animation. I finally force-closed it. I sent ePub and it loaded right up. So evidently the app needs an update to support AZW3.

I also sent it to my Send-to-PocketBook address. It did not give me an error email, but it hasn't shown up on my PocketBook Era (which evidently needs an update to support it) or in the iOS App (does this work with the apps or only if you have a PocketBook device?).

Update: the SendToPB AZW3 attachment showed up on my Era, however it gives the same error as if I had side-loaded it when I try to open it ("Unable to open book...."). And it looks like it simultaneously showed up in the iPhone app (as MOBI) and just as when I tried AirDrop to transfer AZW3, it hangs the app.

So I hope they roll out this support sooner rather than later.

Last edited by tomsem; 07-24-2022 at 04:58 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 05:07 PM   #4
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can you please show us an actual page from a KF8 eBook showing if there is kerning and hyphenation? Thanks.

If you send me the KF8 file, I'll be happy to try it out for you.
Old 07-24-2022, 11:05 PM   #5
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English

Quote:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wolf.JPG
Views:	552
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	195285  
Advert
Old 07-25-2022, 06:27 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
So Pocketbook is supporting KF8 better then Amazon. that's great.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 08:44 PM   #7
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English

Quote:
So Pocketbook is supporting KF8 better then Amazon. that's great.

That will be debatable.
The book in the KF8 format (otherwise called AZW3) is displayed correctly, but Pocketbok does not have functions such as text alignment, set font thickness, and so the display of the book depends on the CSS data of the book without the possibility of editing.

After your idea I tried to open the book in KePUB format, I can see the KePUB files in the library I added via configurations.cfg but they cannot be opened, do you have any idea which **.app to open it with? Opening it with eink-reader.app for ePUB does not work.

My KePUB settings in configurations.cfg

kepub:@EPUB_file:1:koreader.app,eink-reader_with_blink.app,eink-reader_with_epub2.app,eink-reader.app:ICON_EPUB

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 07-25-2022 at 08:54 PM.
Old 07-26-2022, 02:33 AM   #8
rantanplan
Weirdo
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
Rename your kepub file to epub and it should just work fine.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 07:10 AM   #9
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
• The new update 6.5.2892 for Inkpad 3 (PB740) will bring a lot of improvements and changes, but I think the most important one is the possibility to use the AZW and AZW3 book format

• After the update, I feel better reactivity, especially when working with PDF.

I am sure that in the next few days a new update will be released for other notamnet Pocketbook ERA models.
Added : (Support of AZW & AZW3 formatted books).[/I]

Touch LUX 5 New Firmware 6.5.2890[I]
Relase Note 6.5.2890 : https://support.pocketbook-int.com/f...h_Lux_5_EN.pdf

InkPad 3 PRO New Firmware 6.5.2893 : U740-2_6.5.2893
Relase Note : https://support.pocketbook-int.com/f...d_3_Pro_EN.pdf

InkPad Lite New Firmware 6.5.2897
Relase Note : https://support.pocketbook-int.com/f...ad_Lite_EN.pdf

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 07-26-2022 at 07:23 AM.