Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 06-20-2022, 05:51 PM   #1
Spirare
Spirare began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab
How to install Calibre on ARM SBC

Hi,

I wish to install Caliber server on my NanopiM2V4 running Armbian Buster.
Got so far as understanding I might need to compile it myself and add a long list of dependencies being warned that I am on my own for this venture.

Then I found a Caliber package on Arch Linux.

QUESTION:
I am not familiar with Arch Linux... it's not clear to me if I can install this Caliber package on my NanopiM4V2 SBC running Armbian Buster ?

Spirare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 09:26 PM   #2
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Armbian is a derivative or based on debian. Arch is something different but I don't know if packages for it will run on debian or armbian. If you haven't, try looking for a package in the debian repositories, or whatever they're called. Maybe also the raspberry pi ones since it's based off of debian.
hobnail is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2022, 10:03 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre 6 has native arm64 builds. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=344064
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 10:05 PM   #4
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Please see this thread.

bernie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirare View Post
Hi,

I wish to install Caliber server on my NanopiM2V4 running Armbian Buster.
Got so far as understanding I might need to compile it myself and add a long list of dependencies being warned that I am on my own for this venture.

Then I found a Caliber package on Arch Linux.

QUESTION:
I am not familiar with Arch Linux... it's not clear to me if I can install this Caliber package on my NanopiM4V2 SBC running Armbian Buster ?

gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 04:11 AM   #5
Spirare
Spirare began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
calibre 6 has native arm64 builds. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=344064
Great, I will give Calibre 6 a try.
It will be a great addition to the NanoPiM2V2 media server already running a 7GB OMV NAS and Jellyfin Server.
Spirare is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
armbian, nanopim4v2