Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-21-2022, 11:37 AM   #1
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite3, Kobo aura one, kobo touch 2.0, Kobo Clara HD,Poke2
Help for a font

Hi guys, I did a search for the original kindle font Caecilia condensed but with no result. Has anyone the link of the download or any info via PM?

Thanks
Owl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 12:49 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl_ View Post
Hi guys, I did a search for the original kindle font Caecilia condensed but with no result. Has anyone the link of the download or any info via PM?
Why not download a recent Kindle firmware and extract it's contents with KindleTool. See the KindleTool: Create/Unpack Kindle update files thread. Once you have the rootfs.img.gz file extracted, you can extract the fonts from it. My personal choice under Windows is to use 7Zip. The fonts are stored in fonts.sqsh in /usr/java/lib (a SquashFS file).
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2022, 01:34 PM   #3
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry for my ignorance:

-downloaded the update update_kindle_all_new_paperwhite_11th_5.14.2
-downloaded kindleTool
-copied the update in the KindleTool-master\KindleTool directory
-opened in the same directory PowerShell
-typed:

PS C:\Users\Utente\Desktop\Nuova cartella\KindleTool-master\KindleTool> convert -c update_kindle_all_new_paperwhite_11th_5.14.2

it gives me an error

What must I type exactly?
Old 04-21-2022, 06:44 PM   #4
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1
I might be remembering things incorrectly but I think that there is no "Caecilia Condensed" as a separate set of font files... that the "condensed" part is done all in software by Kindle firmware using the regular Caecilia font.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 07:30 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl_ View Post
Sorry for my ignorance:

-downloaded the update update_kindle_all_new_paperwhite_11th_5.14.2
-downloaded kindleTool
-copied the update in the KindleTool-master\KindleTool directory
-opened in the same directory PowerShell
-typed:

PS C:\Users\Utente\Desktop\Nuova cartella\KindleTool-master\KindleTool> convert -c update_kindle_all_new_paperwhite_11th_5.14.2

it gives me an error

What must I type exactly?
Where did you get an executable called convert from? When I downloaded the kindletool-v1.6.5.251-mingw.zip file from the link in the Snapshots of NiLuJe's hacks thread, the only executable in the file was kindletool.exe. And remember that if you are running an executable in the same directory that you have open in Powershell, you would have to place a .\ in front of the filename (i.e. .\kindletool would be needed).

I created a directory called unpack in the same directory where I have KindleTool.exe and the downloaded firmware which is renamed to kindle.bin. I use a batch file to save me typing. The contents of the batch file are (the %~DP0 translates to the directory the batch file is run from):

Code:
KindleTool extract kindle.bin %~DP0unpack\
Code:
C:\Users\David\Desktop\kindletool>unpack

C:\Users\David\Desktop\kindletool>KindleTool extract kindle.bin C:\Users\David\Desktop\Holder\kindletool\unpack\
Extracting update package 'kindle.bin' to 'C:\Users\David\Desktop\kindletool\unpack\'.
Bundle         SP01 (Signing Envelope)
Cert number    2
Cert file      pubprodkey02.pem (Official 2K)
Bundle         FB03 (Fullbin [OTA?, fwo?])
Bundle Type    Recovery V2
Target OTA     3763030075
MD5 Hash       60a6fc7d1541a845956b1e8874e1413d
Magic 1        2048630901
Magic 2        1897089723
Minor          1
Platform       Zelda
Header Rev     0
Board          Unspecified
Devices        6
Device         Champagne Kindle Oasis 3 (2019) WiFi (32GB)
Device         Kindle Oasis 3 (2019) WiFi+4G (32GB) Japan
Device         Kindle Oasis 3 (2019) (Unknown Variant 0WP)
Device         Kindle Oasis 3 (2019) WiFi+4G (32GB)
Device         Kindle Oasis 3 (2019) WiFi (32GB)
Device         Kindle Oasis 3 (2019) WiFi (8GB)
x update-payload.dat
x imx7d_zelda/u-boot.bin
x imx7d_zelda/u-boot.bin.sig
x rootfs.img.gz
x rootfs.img.gz.sig
x imx7d_zelda/bios.bin
x imx7d_zelda/bios.bin.sig
x imx7d_zelda/boot.img
x imx7d_zelda/boot.img.sig
x imx7d_zelda/s-bios.bin
x imx7d_zelda/s-bios.bin.sig
x update-payload.dat.sig
Advert
Old 04-21-2022, 07:36 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
I might be remembering things incorrectly but I think that there is no "Caecilia Condensed" as a separate set of font files... that the "condensed" part is done all in software by Kindle firmware using the regular Caecilia font.
When I look at the fonts from fonts.sqsh, I see 4 files called:

Caecilia_LT_67_Cond_Medium.ttf
Caecilia_LT_68_Cond_Medium_Italic.ttf
Caecilia_LT_77_Cond_Bold.ttf
Caecilia_LT_78_Cond_Bold_Italic.ttf
Old 04-21-2022, 09:00 PM   #7
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Guess my memory was bad Or perhaps that changed from Kindle Keyboard days when I've last used Caecilia.
Old 04-23-2022, 12:58 PM   #8
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader

Thanks DNSB, it worked well
Old 04-23-2022, 10:43 PM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Good to hear it worked for you.
Old 04-25-2022, 05:14 AM   #10
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
@shamanNS
Yes, Kindle Keyboard and Kindle 4 Non-Touch had software-defined condensed fonts. Then they changed them to static fonts since Kindle Touch if I remember correctly
mergen3107 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 07:16 AM   #11
shamanNS
Guru

@mergen3107 Cool, I'm not senile