Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-17-2022, 04:24 PM   #1
Limeonade
Limeonade began at the beginning.

Device: none
Unhappy Comic Processing Lowers Image Resolution

Hey everyone, I have been using Calibre for a year now to convert comic books/ manga into pdf and epub for my friends and I. The picture quality is always so pixelated and I assumed that the files themselves were just pixelated.
Today I switched off Comic Processing by accident while converting and was shocked to see the difference.

Is there a way to stop this quality-lowering problem while still processing the comic book? (Like splitting double pages into two, fixing margins, etc.)

I toyed with the settings for hours but they always came out pixelated unless I switch comic processing off completely.
I tried changing output in preferences to tablet, same thing.
I don't know what to do
Limeonade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 04:59 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeonade View Post
I tried changing output in preferences to tablet, same thing.
If you have already converted that comic then the preferences you used the first time have been saved. The changes to Preferences are ignored.

Try changing the Output Profile option in Page Setup after you press the Convert button, in addition to saving it in Preferences. Or if you have already changed it in Preferences then press the Restore Defaults button in Convert / Page Setup. Verify that "Tablet" is the selected output profile.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert