Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-18-2022, 04:00 AM   #1
kamikadzzze
kamikadzzze began at the beginning.

Device: pb628
Touch Lux 5 (PB628) - issues

Hello,
1) I can not seem to get a single working logo to work for Boot Logo or Power-off Logo. I look at this: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=69185 and this: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=68131 I tried 600x800 I also tried 758x1024 px and any conversion I could think of but I could not make it work. If anyone has a working BMP file - could you share it, just for the test pls?

2) Most Apps and games do not work on mine 628, despite them been build for 6xx and 9xx. Can anyone with any of the Touch Lux series confirm what is working for you? For me the ones that I can even open are just 5:
pb-mahjong.app, pb-checkers.app, Clocky.app, balda.app, calcplus.app
Any idea why or if I can do anything to fix that?

3) Most of the apps that open are very broken. For example Clocky.app has a cut off line on top (some margin issues probably), long click does not show the menu until you 1 tap again, it often crashes and he menu for the fonts is super small and can not see anything on it. Anyone has any information on that?
If i find enough info on how the development works, I may try to make a new Clock app, as it seem simple but quite nice to have.

4) On almost all sites that sell the 628 the limit for the SD card is 32GB, but in the manual it is 128GB with makes a lot more cense, because it's a hardware limit. Has anyone tried more than 32GB on that?
kamikadzzze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 10:46 AM   #2
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: PocketBok Era, Kindle Oasis 3, Bookeen Diva HD
ad. 1 No problem. You have to prepare 1024x758 *.bmp file, display it in Media app and set there as startup logo;
ad. 2-3 Most apps were made for much older ereaders with differend screens and OS;
ad. 4 It's software issue. There should be 128 GB suport with firmware 6.3 or never.
Cyfranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2022, 04:05 AM   #3
kamikadzzze

5) I tried to edit my own keyboard layout, but I can not find a way to use it. I found thread 333495 that gives some info, but it is not working. in /system/language/keyboard there are just 4 layouts: EN.extkbd, IT.extkbd, RU.extkbd, UA.extkbd
I edit and added a 5-th extkbd file, but then I was not able to use it in any way.
Where are the rest keyboard layouts that I can see exist in the settings?
They may be using other way to describe how the keyboard layout will look, and that is fine, but I can not even find them. Can anyone help me?

on 1) YESSSS, Cyfranek is right - it works this way. Just some aditional info: for me JPG or PNG worked just fine when set from Media app. But BMP did not. As it was not able to open at all. Also - ANY size image seems to be working (as long as the Media app can open it), as the Media app is converting it itself. It centers the image, and leves white spaces on the left/right or up/down from the image if not a perfect fit. It converts the image to a very small file /system/logo/offlogo/pb_shutdownlogo.bmp that is less than 400kb, and every other BMP file that I could create by converting on-line or with the "convert" command was huge - almost 10 times more.

on 3) calcplus.app is also not working well and thus is useless

on 4) Yes, it works. I tried and 128GB is working just fine.

It is very hard to post anything in this forum. My first post went just fine, but not I can not edit it - why?
And new answer has so far been imposiible, as just does not show up. The messages that the forum is showing after submit are there for just a second and with my bad EN I was not able to read them.
Old 01-24-2022, 03:25 AM   #4
kamikadzzze

5) I found the way this thing works for PoketBook Touch Lux 5 (PB628). But it was a loooot of try and errors. I made my own keyboard layout (Bulgarian) and I will explain how it works so anyone can edit the keyboard the way they want. So the file has to be a simple text file in the form XY.kbd, as XY is the short language code. I made my own layout to be BL so that is does not conflict with the official one - BG, and thus you can have both in the same time. In the fist line it is again the same XY letters and then : and the Language that you want to be seen, I written mine in Bulgarian so that it differs from the one pre-filled in the book.
Next lines need to be
_@$%:;!?"()
`1234567890
qwertyuio
asdfghjkl
zxcvbnmp'
=+-~ .,*/
_@$%:;!?"()
`1234567890
QWERTYUIO
ASDFGHJKL
ZXCVBNMP'
=+-~ .,*/
--
Or some form of this, I did not find any difference changing these - so just left them as in the file I found.
After that is the keyboard itself.
You can have up to 4 screens. It goes normal, shifted, numbers and shifted numbers. I made mine to be 4 rows and as close to the original possible - so that it does not differ when changing the layouts.
Codes:
sh - shift key (⇧)
bs - key to delete the last letter (⌫)
ok - submit key (Enter) (⏎)
sp - space key (white space) ( )
lg - language change (switch the layout) (&#127760
nu - numbers key (?123)

After any key you can have :3 (or any other number) and this is how much room you give that key. For PB628 this was NOT and exact thing and it did require a lot of tries to get it ok.

Actual values of key are separated with a space. And any key can have an alternative (if you hold the key down for 500ms) that you can type after the /

I hope this helps!
Attached Files
File Type: zip BL.kbd.zip (1.3 KB, 133 views)