Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-09-2022, 03:50 AM   #1
Bookwyrm47
Bookwyrm47 began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Question Automated Help w/ Calibre

I've been looking around for a way to automate some actions when a book gets added on the library. I'm clearing out some information in my sources from standardebooks.

Manually, I clear out all tags except for the cover and description. I, then, edit the book by clearing these pages out:

titlepage.xhtml
imprint.xhtml
halftitlepage.xhtml
colophon.xhtml
uncopyright.xhtml

and then these images:

logo.png
titlepage.png

What I then do, is compress any images losslessly.

These patterns have never changed with their production of e-books. I'm looking for a way to automate these behaviors when a book gets added to the library and automatically saves to a specific folder, is there a way I could do this.
Bookwyrm47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 08:52 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The Action Chains plugin can do some of that. And there is an Editor Chains plugin that may be able to do the deletes. I don't use either, so I'm not exactly sure if they are capable of this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2022, 09:39 AM   #3
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocketbook, kobo aura h2o, kobo forma, kobo libra color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookwyrm47 View Post
Manually, I clear out all tags except for the cover and description.
I use to do that, but then found it easier to just make my own tag column and more or less ignore the one that comes with the book. All the calibre functions that use tags use my custom column instead.

I use plugboards to save the tag column that comes with the book in the description field on the device, where it sometimes is still interesting.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote