Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-02-2022, 07:02 AM   #1
MonsteraPeru
Enthusiast
MonsteraPeru began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 & co.
What would cause a 602 to not power on or charge, even when plugged in?

I tried another battery too, with no change.
MonsteraPeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 09:17 AM   #2
MonsteraPeru
Enthusiast

Posting again to provide more information! When I disassembled the device the other day, the device turned on and refreshed the screen several times, but was not able to charge. It powered on once when I was removing the speaker connectors, and randomly when I was manipulating the device after that while plugged in. Here are some pictures too:

The board:
https://i.imgur.com/1tnWN5e.jpg

The screen after I got it to refresh:
https://imgur.com/a/ZRVgRJh

I've been charging it for about 48 hours now with no change. Also tried leaving it for 24h without a battery, with no change.
Advert
Old 02-05-2022, 10:47 AM   #3
MonsteraPeru
Enthusiast

For anyone who sees this in the future and has a similar issue, the reset button will forcibly reset the ereader even when it's not responding. So it might be helpful to try that before giving up on an ereader. Here were the exact instructions from Pocketbook Support:

Thank you for contacting our Pocketbook Customer Support. In this situation, we recommend you to proceed as follows:

1. Connect the device to the PC via USB cable.
2. 10-15 min later, press the Reset button (with a paper-clip and NOT with a needle) which is located in the lower part of the device.
3. The device will reboot and resume functioning.

If the problem still persists, plug the device into an electrical outlet using a universal charger (with the output voltage (5 V) and current from (1000 mA to 2000 mA). 1.5-2 hours later, try to perform the procedure again.

But if the battery is no more functional, it will not help you.