Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-22-2021, 10:15 AM   #1
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Kobo, Tolino & Calibre

I love my Kobo. But only together with patches and other improvements. I use, for example, the KEPUB-Output-Plugin. Everything fine, so far.
But as my Kobo Touch has grown rather old, I got a Tolino Shine3 as a present. So I suppose it's possible to use different devices in Calibre. But can I use the KEPUB-Output-plugin for the Tolino? What should I do?
Although Kobo has withdrawn from the german speaking market due to its cooperation with Tolino, I suppose it is not possible to apply Kobo patches to Tolino, which is very sad, as the patches are really useful. Is there any way to apply some similar improvement?
Sorry if the questions should be silly, but this situation is new to me!
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 05:49 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
I love my Kobo. But only together with patches and other improvements. I use, for example, the KEPUB-Output-Plugin. Everything fine, so far.
But as my Kobo Touch has grown rather old, I got a Tolino Shine3 as a present. So I suppose it's possible to use different devices in Calibre. But can I use the KEPUB-Output-plugin for the Tolino? What should I do?
Although Kobo has withdrawn from the german speaking market due to its cooperation with Tolino, I suppose it is not possible to apply Kobo patches to Tolino, which is very sad, as the patches are really useful. Is there any way to apply some similar improvement?
Sorry if the questions should be silly, but this situation is new to me!
The Tolino Shine 3 is the same hardware as the Kobo Clara HD. The Tolino runs Android and there's no way to put the Kobo firmware on it. As for the patches, that's a no. Tolino does not do KePub. It does do ePub.

Given that Tolino uses Android, you may be able to install KOReader or other 3rd party reading apps. The problem however is that most 3rd party Android reading apps are rubbish. KOReader is a good one.

Last edited by JSWolf; 12-22-2021 at 05:53 PM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2021, 06:28 AM   #3
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Given that Tolino uses Android, you may be able to install KOReader
Good idea! I wouldn't have thought of it. Thank you!
In the mean time, I tried a little and noticed that for example hyphenation works well, at least with the "HyphenateThis"-plugin on. CSS rules are, as far as I can see, respected and not - as in some cases at the Kobo - overridden.
At first sight, it seems an agreable device.
Old 12-24-2021, 05:08 AM   #4
Leonatus
Wizard

What I extremely dislike, though, is the impossibility - for someone who is not a programmer - to dismiss the recommendations on the start screen, and that there shows neither a chapter progress nor a title or an author. And the built-in dictionaries are more than deficient.

But I should write this better in the adequate forum.