Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-17-2021, 07:54 AM   #1
igorius
Zealot
igorius began at the beginning.

Device: ipad & inkpad X
Strange error with calibre running for a while...

At time to time i get this error shown (mostly twice) as separate windows with a big red sign and a ! inside:

Fehler: Contacting calibre failed
Failed to contact running instance of calibre, try restarting calibre

I have the "Copy to clipboard", "Show details" and "ok"-buttons.

I am not using calibre when that errors appear, its only in background. No use of calibre web, nor syncing or whatever.
I confirm with the ok-buttons and everything is ok. No changes in behaviour of calibre...
And as said, that error mostly appears twice, so i have to confirm 2 times.
igorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 08:06 AM   #2
georgemk
Addict
georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Nia
Next time you get this error message, click "Copy to clipboard" and then paste that text into this thread.

Without that and detail of your OS, version of Calibre we are all just guessing.
georgemk is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2021, 07:23 PM   #3
igorius
Zealot

Oh, sorry, forgot that. So here we go:

calibre, version 5.33.2
FEHLER: Contacting calibre failed: Failed to contact running instance of calibre, try restarting calibre

Failed to connect to Listener at: /tmp/papi-calibre-gui.socket with error: QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Invalid name

'shutdown:'

Second error:

calibre, version 5.33.2
FEHLER: Contacting calibre failed: Failed to contact running instance of calibre, try restarting calibre

Failed to connect to Listener at: /tmp/papi-calibre-gui.socket with error: QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Invalid name

'shutdown:'
Old 12-17-2021, 08:21 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That indicates you arelaunching multiple calibre instances simultaneously, possibly a bounce click or similar. In any case the error is harmless so simply ignore it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 01:17 AM   #5
igorius
Zealot

Hmm, strange, i never did try to relaunch a new instance of calibre. So yesterday when i left my computer, there were no messages. When i used it again, the messages were there - without any interaction.
Ghost in the machine...

But anyway, thanks for your answer!
Advert