Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 06-26-2021, 10:32 PM   #1
Librito135
Librito135 began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX BOOX
Exclamation keep the Calibre Viewer User Interface when it's the default for ePUB

I had this inconvenience for years, waiting for it to come out in an update...Never happend.
When I open an epub inside Calibre, the UI looks like this.

However, When I open a epub by double clicking the file, It looks like this.

How could I keep the first/original UI when opening Calibre Viewer from a epub file outside Calibre?
Thanks.

I'm using windows 10
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	151
Size:	272.3 KB
ID:	187893   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	153
Size:	428.5 KB
ID:	187894  
Librito135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 11:20 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That looks like you have two calibre installations on your machine, one with a custom icon theme and one without.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2021, 02:48 PM   #3
Librito135

I have portable Calibre, not technically "installed".
So this doesn't happen to everybody? What's the solution?
Old 06-27-2021, 04:35 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
When you launch portable calibre, it's done via a batch file that sets environment variables to point to calibre's configuration folder.

I *think* you might need to do the same for the viewer.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 07:52 PM   #5
Librito135

I revolved the problem. I reinstalled Windows because of updates issues. After making Calibre eBook viewer the default for epub, I got surprised that it kept the UI I had customized. I had this problem for years and now it’s gone.
Thank you kovidgoyal and PeterT!!!
Advert

Tags
calibre viewer