rsbrux
Enthusiast
rsbrux began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300 replaced by Onyx Boox Poke 3
Question How to view PDF in landscape mode on Poke3

The various apps I have on my Android smartphone to read PDFs are capable of
  1. continuous vertical page flow
  2. viewing in landscape or portrait mode, depending on device orientation
I haven‘t found any way to do either on my Poke3. Is the built-in reader capable of either continuous page flow or landscape mode display? If so, how?
It seems that the Poke3 lacks orientation sensors. Is there still a possibility to achieve landscape display and vertical page scrolling with another Android app?
rsbrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 06:54 PM   #2
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
You can manually rotate the device using the "rotate" button in the notification shade (you may need to edit it into quick launch shortcuts). You can also add the "rotate" button to the navigation ball for quicker access.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2021, 03:07 AM   #3
rsbrux
Enthusiast

How to get auto-rotation working?

I found the rotation item in the pull-down menu. However, the User Guide advertises a „G-sensor“ to „support auto-rotate“. The section describing the item in the pull-down menu also mentions „Support auto-rotation“, but I only see a choidce of four orientations and nothing to enable or disable auto-rotation. How can I enable auto-rotation?
Old 05-28-2021, 05:11 AM   #4
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
It says so in the manual, but I did not find anything on the device - ask at help@boox.com
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 08:36 AM   #5
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
The Poke 3 has zero standard Android Sensors (as in SensorManager).
I looked for something non-standard but couldn't find anything.
This is not a 100% guarantee that something doesn't exist.
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2021, 04:27 PM   #6
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbrux View Post
I found the rotation item in the pull-down menu. However, the User Guide advertises a „G-sensor“ to „support auto-rotate“. The section describing the item in the pull-down menu also mentions „Support auto-rotation“, but I only see a choidce of four orientations and nothing to enable or disable auto-rotation. How can I enable auto-rotation?
You can't. The Poke 3 does not have an accelerometer (G-sensor). AFAIK only the Boox Note Air has one. On the Boox Note Air you get a toggle, on other devices just manual.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 10:36 AM   #7
mashkanevesta
mashkanevesta began at the beginning.

Device: Onix Boox Note Air
I prefer manual rotation
mashkanevesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 11:03 AM   #8
rsbrux
Enthusiast

It seems that I am stuck with manual rotation anyway.
Here is the official response from the "Booxshop Service Team":
Quote:
We are sorry that there's a mistake in the manual and we are now updating it.
Please be advised that there is no G sensor with Poke3.

Tags
landscape, pdf, scroll, vertical