Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-24-2021, 01:36 AM   #1
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Preview Pane Size

Is there a way to save the Preview pane size? I use preview open on a second monitor and it seems that every time I open a new epub, the preview window shrinks. To check this, I opened and closed a series of epubs. On the first, I set the preview pane to 600x800. I saved the epub and closed Sigil. Then I opened a second epub. The preview pane pops open at 478x628. Close that epub/Sigil, open a third and the preview window is now 381x490. Close and open a fourth epub and the preview pane is 303x380. Open the fifth epub and the preview pane does not automatically open. Hitting F10 and it opens at 241x292. Open a sixth epub and the preview pane auto opens at 191x222.

At that point, I stopped opening new epubs. I did repeat the cycle using Open With from within calibre and the same behaviour where the preview pane shrank about 20% on each open.

Are others noticing this? Or am I alone in noticing this?

Hmmm... petty annoyances are us.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 03:53 AM   #2
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
I can't say I have noticed that.

The preview pane seems to be the same size whenever I open Sigil on my computer - perhaps it's something to do with you using a second monitor for the preview.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2021, 05:11 AM   #3
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I would bet that it is about setting dpi scaling (the problem appears when the value on one of the monitors is different than 100%).
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 06:26 AM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyEbook View Post
I would bet that it is about setting dpi scaling (the problem appears when the value on one of the monitors is different than 100%).
Safe bet. Though I think the problem appears when the scaling (and/or the resolution) on the two monitors is different, period. Both can be scaled differently than 100% so long as they are both the same.

I've replicated it under those conditions in the past, but I don't have a single clue what to do about it. Thinking about it makes my head hurt worse than time-change math.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 04:50 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
For what it's worth over a year later, after finding a similar issue with menus in calibre which was fixed when I set the compatibility mode High DPI override to System (Enhanced), I tried the same on Sigil and now the Preview pane does not resize when re-opened or moved between monitors with different scaling factors set in Windows.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sigil_High_DPI_override.png
Views:	154
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	195971  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert