Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 03-30-2021, 09:13 PM   #1
tlc630
tlc630 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo Clara HD
No 'sleeping' screen w/ v2021.03 update

Just installed v2021.03 on my Kobo Glo, aka Kobo_kraken. When I put it to sleep with the power switch the screen no longer darkens nor does the 'sleeping' box appear. The Kobo does seem to be in sleep mode since all taps are ignored. Toggling the power switch awakens it. New feature?
tlc630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 10:28 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Is this a fresh install?

And if not, what are your Screensavers settings? (And, almost as important: what *were* they before the update?)

(The defaults should be the "Sleeping" popup on the current screen; it used to be the "Sleeping" popup on a black screen for a while, but that was a bug. It might also have been the "Sleeping" popup on a *white* screen for a good long while before that, but that was also a bug ;p).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 03-30-2021 at 10:30 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2021, 10:40 AM   #3
tlc630
tlc630 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo Clara HD
Thanks for the info. Looks like I thought the dark screen was a feature. I adjusted my sreensaver settings and now have the 'sleeping' message again.
Note: I don't think the "sleeping" message is the default, at least not in this release.
tlc630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 09:37 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yep, I'd manage to break it again after testing the initial fix >_<".

https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/7479
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote