Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Legacy E-Book Devices

Notices

Old 12-13-2008, 01:52 PM   #1
mlknack
mlknack began at the beginning.

Device: jetBook, NookColor
REB1100 lines of missing pixels

Hi all,

I was recently given an in-the-box REB1100 from a friend who received it as a present several years ago but never used it. After diddling around a bit, I was able to download books from Gutenburg and manybooks and am happily reading. However, it now has lines of missing pixels across the middle third of the screen. One line out of eight is missing. The text is still legible, but it's annoying.

Is this repairable? By someone with more guts than knowledge or finesse? It screams bad connection to me, but what do I know... I haven't taken it apart yet because I didn't want to risk losing it totally.

Mary Lou
mlknack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 03:57 PM   #2
Lago
Connoisseur
Lago doesn't litterLago doesn't litter

Device: Ebookwise 1150, REB1200, PRS-600
yeah, it sounds like a connection went bad somewhere in it. if you don't mind putting a little money into it, you can contact ETI customer support, and ask about having it serviced there, while you're at it you can have them update the firmware (migrating the device to Ebookwise) and you will be able to hook it up to an EBW bookshelf..

worst case, you may be able to do a trade in, and get a new ETI-2 (same thing, new company) for, usually, but don't quote me on this, $50.00 or i am sure someone around here will have better DIY repair advice. try cross posting this in the Ebookwise forum..
Lago is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert