Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-15-2021, 09:44 PM   #1
OpheliaJG
OpheliaJG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 5.12.2/ Calibre
Merge highlights made on a sideload book in Kindle with the same book on calibre

Help with Kindle/Calibre sync/merge/copy problem! I stupidly emailed my ARC copy of a book (downloaded from Book Funnel as epub/mobi version & then sent to my Kindle (Paperwhite v 5.12.2) via experimental browser. I made all my highlight notes on the book on kindle but now cant do anything with them except extract only the list of highlights which doesnt help at all. I urgently need to be able to see the whole book, complete with highlights, anywhere other than on the kindle. I downloaded the book to Calibre, but now dont know how to transfer the highlights from kindle so they merge/sync with the Calibre version. Can anyone help (Ive tried everything I can think of
), or does anyone know a way to shift the entire highlighted book on my kindle to another format so that I can cut and paste from it??. Thanks! PS: I can follow directions but am not a techie.
OpheliaJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 10:14 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Hello and welcome to MobileRead!

I'm afraid you're out of luck, as it's not possible to transfer or convert a Kindle book with highlights intact, AFAIK. Your only option is to do it again manually, i.e. have the highlighted copy open on your Kindle and highlight the same passages in your Calibre copy, one by one.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert