Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 03-12-2021, 02:37 PM   #1
pityu30
pityu30 began at the beginning.

Device: Wayteq X-book 60HD, Koobe Slightbook HD Shine
I bricked My Koobe Slightbook HD

Hi!

I tried to install a new firmware yesterday on my Koobe Slightbook HD Shine reader (Rockchip RK2818, 600Mhz, 8Gb of internal ram, 1024x758 light...) . Started the Rkerase utility, the program recognized the device . Load up the firmware img, pushed the restore button but this is what happened. I enclosed a picture.

https://forum.freaktab.com/filedata/...photoid=686834

(The pic is from the internet, but the error messeage is the same with my factory firmware.)

Since then the on light is constantly on with green light, the readers doenn't respond to anything. I took the reader apart shorted the two pins next to the battery held the ok buttond and pushed reset. Afeter this, the erase tool recognized the machine (one of the cubes from the eight is green now) but when I try to reflash the reader, same happens.

Could anybody help?

Regards: István from Hungary

Last edited by issybird; 03-13-2021 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Deleted oversize image; URL left.
pityu30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 04:40 PM   #2
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityu30 View Post
Hi!

I tried to install a new firmware yesterday on my Koobe Slightbook HD Shine reader (Rockchip RK2818, 600Mhz, 8Gb of internal ram, 1024x758 light...) . Started the Rkerase utility, the program recognized the device . Load up the firmware img, pushed the restore button but this is what happened. I enclosed a picture.

https://forum.freaktab.com/filedata/...photoid=686834

(The pic is from the internet, but the error messeage is the same with my factory firmware.)

Since then the on light is constantly on with green light, the readers doenn't respond to anything. I took the reader apart shorted the two pins next to the battery held the ok buttond and pushed reset. Afeter this, the erase tool recognized the machine (one of the cubes from the eight is green now) but when I try to reflash the reader, same happens.

Could anybody help?

Regards: István from Hungary
you could try the factory tool but I could not even locate a img for that device (this is also the Boyue section but whatever) where did you get your firmware file from and what number/name is the file?

https://androidmtk.com/download-rockchip-factory-tool

Last edited by issybird; 03-13-2021 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Edited quote.
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2021, 07:23 AM   #3
pityu30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
you could try the factory tool but I could not even locate a img for that device (this is also the Boyue section but whatever) where did you get your firmware file from and what number/name is the file?

https://androidmtk.com/download-rockchip-factory-tool
Thanks. The original img is from the manufacturer. They sent me in email as a zip. But I tried to reflash it with another device. My ereader is similar to the Boyue C62 (Rockchip RK2818, 600Mhz, 8Gb ram, backlit...) Are there some instructions how to use it? Damn, it my ereaders processor is not on the supported list of the Rockchip Factory Tool.
Old 03-13-2021, 07:27 AM   #4
pityu30

I have downloaded the tool and opened it, wehen I load the corresponding firmware img, it says at the opening, "Unpack firmware fail". What to do next?
Old 03-13-2021, 07:27 AM   #5
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks. The original img is from the manufacturer. They sent me in email as a zip. But I tried to reflash it with another device. My ereader is similar to the Boyue C62 (Rockchip RK2818, 600Mhz, 8Gb ram, backlit...) Are there some instructions how to use it? Damn, it my ereaders processor is not on the supported list of the Rockchip Factory Tool.
your soc is not on the rock chip tool either so idk if that matters, what does the manufacturer want you to use from their email? They didn't say?

https://androidmtk.com/use-rockchip-factorytool
Advert
Old 03-13-2021, 07:29 AM   #6
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
I have downloaded the tool and opened it, wehen I load the corresponding firmware img, it says at the opening, "Unpack firmware fail". What to do next?
The firmware file you have might be a different format that's why I asked what the manufacturer wanted you to flash it with.

Edit: you can try using the newer tool idk if it supports the older soc though perhaps see if after you connect it if you can get your device In a bootloader if it sees a device at all. DO NOT FLASH THE MIMAS FIRMWARE FROM THIS PDF THOUGH. Just get the driver and flasher tool and see if it detects anything. If it does try following the guide to flash your given image.

Last edited by rvcjew; 03-13-2021 at 07:41 AM.
Old 03-13-2021, 08:26 AM   #7
pityu30

Quote:
The firmware file you have might be a different format that's why I asked what the manufacturer wanted you to flash it with.

Edit: you can try using the newer tool idk if it supports the older soc though perhaps see if after you connect it if you can get your device In a bootloader if it sees a device at all. DO NOT FLASH THE MIMAS FIRMWARE FROM THIS PDF THOUGH. Just get the driver and flasher tool and see if it detects anything. If it does try following the guide to flash your given image.
Thanks, I'll give it a try.
Old 03-13-2021, 08:37 AM   #8
pityu30

It's a Koobe Slightbook HS Shine. I took the reader apart, on the big green pcb I can see the main chipset RK2818 next to the micro sd card slot there is a chip with a sticket which says: C62 V3 and a serial number. I made some pcs and uploaded it my google drive. So the reader is indeed a Boyue C62 with some rebranding for the Hungarian market.

Last edited by pityu30; 03-13-2021 at 08:40 AM.
Old 03-13-2021, 09:02 AM   #9
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
It's a Koobe Slightbook HS Shine. I took the reader apart, on the big green pcb I can see the main chipset RK2818 next to the micro sd card slot there is a chip with a sticket which says: C62 V3 and a serial number. I made some pcs and uploaded it my google drive. So the reader is indeed a Boyue C62 with some rebranding for the Hungarian market.
I can't find much info on the c62 anywhere unfortunately. It was working before you tried to upgrade it right?
Old 03-13-2021, 09:03 AM   #10
pityu30

Yes of course.
Old 03-13-2021, 09:07 AM   #11
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
Yes of course.
Your using version 1.8 of the rkchip tool right, maybe ask the manufacture at this point. Try the flashing tool on another pc if you have one too. Does the device Manger in windows show it as a thing when you see the green block?
Old 03-13-2021, 09:11 AM   #12
pityu30

Quote:
Your using version 1.8 of the rkchip tool right, maybe ask the manufacture at this point. Try the flashing tool on another pc if you have one too. Does the device Manger in windows show it as a thing when you see the green block?
Sadly no the device manager couln't find any new device.
Old 03-13-2021, 09:13 AM   #13
rvcjew
Addict

It might be under a diff name like usb or software.
Old 03-13-2021, 09:18 AM   #14
pityu30

I use RkBatchtool 1.4 thats what the factory tarchician sent me with the update image. I couldn't find version 1.8. the pic from the opening thread was from the internet as I wrote it in the post but the error messeage is the same.

Last edited by pityu30; 03-13-2021 at 09:21 AM.
Old 03-13-2021, 09:24 AM   #15
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
I use RkBatchtool 1.4 thats what the factory tarchician sent me with the update image. I couldn't find version 1.8. the pic from the opening thread was from the internet as I wrote it in the post but the error messeage is the same.
This has version 1.8 prob won't make a difference but worth a shot. The rkerase was part of that tool or a separate thing you did first?

https://androidmtk.com/download-rockchip-batch-tool

Also get portable adb and see if it sees anything attached perhaps it's stuck In a specific mode. https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117923181

Last edited by rvcjew; 03-13-2021 at 09:35 AM.