Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-06-2021, 02:02 PM   #1
hannahi
Addict
hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3, Google Nexus phone, Sony PRS-300
Can't open files in Adobe Digital Editions from Kobo Library--any ideas?

For the last couple of weeks when I've tried to download epub files to Adobe Digital Editions from my Kobo Library from any web browser, I've gotten the following message: Unable to Download-- Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem:
E_ACT_NOT_READY

Any ideas how to fix this issue?
hannahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 05:05 PM   #2
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Make sure you're using Adobe Digital Editions 3.0 or above.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2021, 05:25 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
You could try de-authorizing and re-authorizing ADE. That worked for me about a month back when I started errors trying to download DRMmed epubs.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 05:30 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahi View Post
For the last couple of weeks when I've tried to download epub files to Adobe Digital Editions from my Kobo Library from any web browser, I've gotten the following message: Unable to Download-- Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem:
E_ACT_NOT_READY

What version Adobe Digital Editions are you running. It should be 2.0.1 or later.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 11:20 PM   #5
marst
Connoisseur
marst began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma; Android tablet w/Mantano Reader
Same problem here. I side-loaded some ePub files that had probably originally been downloaded to my computer from the B&N site. The error message on the Kobo (Forma) was that I needed to register with Adobe Digital Editions. I downloaded ADE v.4, registered the computer, then attached the Kobo to the computer and told ADE to register the Kobo as well.

That all went fine, apparently—no error messages. But those side-loaded books still won't open. Same error message about ADE.
marst is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2021, 12:37 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by marst View Post
Same problem here. I side-loaded some ePub files that had probably originally been downloaded to my computer from the B&N site. The error message on the Kobo (Forma) was that I needed to register with Adobe Digital Editions. I downloaded ADE v.4, registered the computer, then attached the Kobo to the computer and told ADE to register the Kobo as well.

That all went fine, apparently—no error messages. But those side-loaded books still won't open. Same error message about ADE.
Did you remove the books and reload them after updating to ADE 4 and re-authorizing your Kobo?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 03:46 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Did you remove the books and reload them after updating to ADE 4 and re-authorizing your Kobo?
B&N ePub won't work with Kobo unless there is no DRM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:42 AM   #8
Jane A
Addict
Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahi View Post
E_ACT_NOT_READY

Can you open epub books from other sources?

I just bought a book from Kobo, I have an account with them though it's been a few years since I've used it. I am having the same problem with a different message: "Error! Check Activation" I can still download DRM epub books from the library so I don't understand why I can't get them from Kobo.
Jane A is offline   Reply With Quote