Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-05-2020, 10:49 AM   #1
BJM170957
BJM170957 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO LIBRA H20
Importing KEPUB files to Calibre

Hi, can anybody help with my problem importing KEPUB files. I have installed KOBO desktop om my computer and downloaded my KOBO books. I want to convert these to EPUB files but when I try to import them into my Calibre library to convert I am getting an error message. The KEPUB files do not have an extension just letters numbers and dashes. Thanks
BJM170957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 11:25 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJM170957 View Post
Hi, can anybody help with my problem importing KEPUB files. I have installed KOBO desktop om my computer and downloaded my KOBO books. I want to convert these to EPUB files but when I try to import them into my Calibre library to convert I am getting an error message. The KEPUB files do not have an extension just letters numbers and dashes. Thanks
If you have Windows 10, install Adobe Digital Editions 2.0.1. Then download the ePub from Kobo instead of the KePub. You won't have to convert.

https://www.adobe.com/support/digita...downloads.html

However if you want the ePub without DRM, you will need the DeDRM plugin which you can get from...

https://apprenticealf.wordpress.com
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2020, 12:01 PM   #3
BJM170957
BJM170957 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO LIBRA H20
Thanks but KOBO Desktop does not give an option to download in Epub format, it automatically downloads as KePub
BJM170957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 03:06 PM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJM170957 View Post
Thanks but KOBO Desktop does not give an option to download in Epub format, it automatically downloads as KePub
You don't use the Kobo desktop to download epubs. You download them directly from your account on the Kobo website.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote