Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-03-2020, 08:38 AM   #1
book64
Love reading
book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 8 mobile. Samsung 8 and 10 Tablets
Question Calibre stop reminding me about Updates

Is there a way to stop Calibre showing new Update options at the bottom?
At the moment I am quite happy with version 4.15 and dont want to click on the reminder accidentally.

But also how can I just check for plug in updates later?
Thanks
book64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 12:24 PM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Click on it and then uncheck the box about reminding about updates. It brings up a small window first.

For Plugins: Go Preferences, Get Plugins. Again it does nothing except put up a window. There is a filter selection to show only Upgrades Available. Note it even warns if an Upgrade is only for a newer version of Calibre.

Kovid has thought of everything!
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2020, 10:43 AM   #3
book64
Love reading
book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.book64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks but the box was already unchecked
So it keeps reminding me

Thanks about the Plug ins though

Last edited by book64; 11-04-2020 at 10:45 AM.
Old 11-04-2020, 11:39 AM   #4
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
The Preferences only stops the popup. It won't prevent the message in the status bar from appearing, unfortunately.

Considering that 3.48 is the last version that a lot of people can use, it'd be nice if there was a patch available to stop that message from appearing.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 10:57 AM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
A message on the status bar isn't a problem. I thought the complaint was the popup windows.

I'm quite able to avoid clicking or being irritated by the message. If it changes I might go and see "what's new" and also what the Apprentices are at. I'm on 4.23 as currently it does what I need. I envisage upgrading. Possibly on a 2nd laptop to test also the "newest" Linux Mint as I happen to have got a spare old one good enough. Currently that has Mint 19.3 and my everyday laptop has Mint 18.3 which is soon out of LTS. I use LTS versions were possible and only upgrade when I need to.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2020, 04:57 AM   #6
book64
Love reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
A message on the status bar isn't a problem. I thought the complaint was the popup windows.

I'm quite able to avoid clicking or being irritated by the message. If it changes I might go and see "what's new" and also what the Apprentices are at. I'm on 4.23 as currently it does what I need. I envisage upgrading. Possibly on a 2nd laptop to test also the "newest" Linux Mint as I happen to have got a spare old one good enough. Currently that has Mint 19.3 and my everyday laptop has Mint 18.3 which is soon out of LTS. I use LTS versions were possible and only upgrade when I need to.
Ok thanks