Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-30-2020, 10:59 PM   #1
rosemaryknits
rosemaryknits began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite
when I send a book from calibre to my kindle cloud, my email address shows up in the

A month or so ago, I updated to 5.something, noticed that DRM removal didn't work any more, so downgraded back to 4.23. From that day forward, every book that I send from calibre to amazon shows my email address in the place of the author, on the MYK page.

is this a setting somewhere that I've overlooked? I feel like I've looked everywhere. I'd sure like to get the author showing back up again. When I search for an author's name it doesn't get found. I've been using Calibre forever and this never happened before. Just since I downgraded from 5 back to 4.23 which I had been using for quite a while before this upgrade/downgrade day.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
rosemaryknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 04:24 AM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
This was caused by a change at Amazon. It has nothing to do with calibre.

See: Send to Kindle won't send author name from metadata
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2020, 04:18 PM   #3
rosemaryknits
rosemaryknits began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite
AAahhhh thanks so much for this. It never occurred to me that it's an amazon problem. Thanks for your help.
rosemaryknits is offline   Reply With Quote