Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 10-30-2020, 07:56 AM   #1
rjwse@aol.com
Addict
rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle epub readers on android
lost ability to place editor panes 'vertically'

Just loaded calibre 5.4.1 and lost ability to place open editor panes in a favorite manner. I enjoy working with untabbed windows in the editor such that there are opened full-vertical panes with narrow width of TOC, file browser, file preview. I am now capable of tabbing these open panes and I am capable of making untabbed horizontal stacks, but no longer am I capable of making long vertical untabbed strips. I just noticed this and have tried to re-enable by reloading, etc. Best Regards, Pop
rjwse@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 12:23 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I never knew that ability was present at all. Regardless, there haven't been any changes to that code, its from Qt and the Qt version was not changed in 5.4
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2020, 05:29 PM   #3
rjwse@aol.com
Addict
rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It may or may not be 5.4 at all. Maybe it just happened. The main editor panel cannot be removed and that makes sense. To the left of the editor panel I like to put full-length (but narrow) file browser. To the left of the file browser I put full-length (but narrow) TOC. The TOC and file browser are not tabbed, but both are showing. To the right of the editor panel I placed full-length file preview. Across the screen from left to right are TOC, file browser, main editor window, file preview. There are no tabs.

I experimented with non-tabbed stacking file browser and TOC. This works okay. I was also able to insert full-screen-width (but vertically short) above and below the main editor window. The program creates a blue-tinged place holder position for dropping (1) tabbed, (2) above, and (3) below, but no longer accepts an untabbed full-height position left or right. There is something going on that now forces the tabbed state and no longer allows the next-to state.

I have been zigging and zagging the boxes here and there and everywhere to see if there is a strange sequence of key presses. So far, no luck. Best regards, Pop
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibremultiscreen.png
Views:	168
Size:	508.2 KB
ID:	183113   Click image for larger version

Name:	calibremultiscreen2.png
Views:	171
Size:	483.2 KB
ID:	183116  
Old 11-04-2020, 08:47 PM   #4
rjwse@aol.com
Addict

fixed it

I figured it out. While in Preferences, edit book, main window (see screenshot) you have put in top, bottom, left, right to your own preferences. In this manner, you can set panels top, bottom, tabbed, not tabbed anywhere you like. You can place anything anywhere you think might be beneficial for speed and access. In this screenshot I did not make use of placing anything above or below the main (nonremovable) editor panel, but you can do so. F3 Find is not an on/off toggle. Nor is it moveable. When on, its inclusion requires the editor panel to be a certain minimum width; otherwise, the main editor panel can be very narrow. There are several types of Find. One of them is built into the text viewer panel at its bottom. I put the other on top of the text viewer. You can see which panels are tabbed by seeing the tabs at the bottom left of a panel. Otherwise, the name is only at the top and there is no tab. I am in the habit of dealing with sometimes 200 file chunks and also make the numbers of these correspond to chapter numbers. I hope this helps anybody who might be interested in this. If it looks too baroque to you and wonder why I go to the trouble, remember, I think it speeds me up and keeps me organized. To each his own. Best regards, Pop
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	editpreferences.png
Views:	149
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	183217   Click image for larger version

Name:	editorscreen.png
Views:	168
Size:	455.5 KB
ID:	183218  
Old 11-05-2020, 02:27 AM   #5
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
The top top and bottom bottom trick, has been very useful to me.
Thanks a lot!
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert