Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-17-2020, 08:53 PM   #1
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Got it!! Finally... Tho now need HELP!

I got a used HDX 7" 3rd generation. Having have the Fire HD 2nd thought this would be a breeze...NOT!

1 Immersive Reading ... cant get that to work
2 there seems to be a Blue cast? around the ebooks. How do I get rid of it? Distracting I use the Green there is no Blue or I just switch

3 Any Tips or anything you think help me get use to this Fire Please Post!

Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 02:40 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

After talking to CS found out the Blue was not right so as a reader it Broke. They Stopped supporting Immersive Reading But while it wont get Updates it should still work.

I got this Direct from Amazon I dont understand WHY they didnt check it out Before they offered it for sale. I sent it back to Amazon today... After I convinced them to take it back for Full Refund as they said was sold AS IS I call it Bull Sh*t
Advert
Old 10-19-2020, 04:10 PM   #3
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Why would you buy a used 7 year old device? You can get a new 7" Fire for $50.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 04:36 PM   #4
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
But how were the delivery updates / tracking?
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 09:47 PM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
After talking to CS found out the Blue was not right so as a reader it Broke. They Stopped supporting Immersive Reading But while it wont get Updates it should still work.

I got this Direct from Amazon I dont understand WHY they didnt check it out Before they offered it for sale. I sent it back to Amazon today... After I convinced them to take it back for Full Refund as they said was sold AS IS I call it Bull Sh*t
The ‘blue cast’ is a feature, if you will. Every HDX7 I ever saw had this (including the refurbished one I bought and returned immediately), but apparently it didn’t bother people because it had great specs for its day and had great reviews (and yes better resolution than today’s 8” Fire). I think Dark theme would have made it tolerable for me but that was before my conversion to the dark side.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2020, 08:20 PM   #6
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Why would you buy a used 7 year old device? You can get a new 7" Fire for $50.
New ones Do Not have 300+ ppi for reading
Old 11-06-2020, 07:41 AM   #7
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Let me know when you find a low cost 7" tablet with 300 ppi. You're going to be looking for a while. Don't confuse what you need with a Kindle e-ink reader and what is necessary on a 7" tablet.

For a small tablet, over 200 is fine. The top of the line $1,200 iPad Pro doesn't even have 300 ppi.

The newest iPad mini will support that ppi, bring your wallet. You can get the iPad mini 4, which has 324 ppi, for about $300.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote