Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-12-2020, 09:59 PM   #1
Rick DeBay
Rick DeBay began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Can't return from footnote

I used to be able to return from a footnote by selecting to return to my previous position, when I was using old firmware (although not always, which is why I decided to upgrade).
With the new firmware, the previous position button now tells me what page I was on, and it's wrong. Selecting the button sends me to that incorrect page, which is usually near the end of the book.
This makes reading Pratchett very difficult.

Anyone else have this problem, and what can be done to fix it?
Rick DeBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 02:31 PM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
The return function is borked too often, I agree. I usually create a bookmark, visit the footnote, then go to the bookmark and remove it.

... or use KOReader instead.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert