Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-25-2020, 05:36 AM   #1
Jim78
Jim78 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.Jim78 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.Jim78 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.Jim78 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.Jim78 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.Jim78 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.Jim78 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.Jim78 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.Jim78 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.Jim78 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.Jim78 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: Kindle 3G Keyboard WiFi
Kindle 3G Keyboard WiFI Potential Fix For On-Off, Charging Problems/Screen Problems

About 1 month ago, my Kindle 3G (Model D00901) wouldn't turn on. Wouldn't charge. White screen.

Tried all the recommended solutions- soft reset, factory reset, et al. More than one time.

Any successes were shortlived.

Kindle stuck on soft reset repeatedly. Or in soft reset loop. Reset, flash, reset again. White screens. Completely black screens more than once.

My problem appears to have been that the slider on-off switch was not making sufficient contact.

Take the back off the Kindle, use the on-off slider. You'll see that it passes over a white rectangle with a small piece of black plastic in the center.

I thought that was debris so I tried to brush it off. My orange charging light went on - device connected to my PC via USB cable.

I pushed down on the white rectangle.

Since then my Kindle has worked flawlessly.
Jim78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle 3g keyboard, modle d00901, not charging, white screen