Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-28-2020, 12:43 PM   #1
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini,Kindle Paperwhite
Kobo Libra H2O battery life

Hi all

I have a Kindle Oasis but I'm starting to get really annoyed with the terrible battery life. I've owned Kobos before and the battery life was always good. Thinking of switching to a Libra H2O and wondering how that compares with other Kobos. Are people generally happy with it? For reference, I find I have to charge my Kindle about once a week, while doing about 6 hours of reading in that week (that's with wifi on). My last Kobo seemed to last closer to a month.
geekraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 02:00 PM   #2
Mercador
I'm not a number!
Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
I had several kobos for a decade, Aura One is the one I'm using it right now and the battery was OK for the first three years. Now, it goes down quite quickly (for a Kobo). It can stay a charge for around 3-4 hours (offline, lightning on at 20%).
Mercador is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2020, 10:41 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I honestly can't tell you how long the battery lasts in any of my Kobo ereaders. Whichever I am reading with usually gets connected to my PC for some period of time each day. It might not fully charge it, but it tops it up enough to make knowing how long it lasts difficult.

Having said that, I have read for 6 hours in one day on my Libra H2O plenty of time. The charge level didn't get anywhere near a point where I was concerned that it would run out. I have WiFi on all the time and change the light level as needed. With that, I would expect to be able to get more than 20 hours of reading out of one full charge.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote