Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-15-2020, 08:53 AM   #1
Haim_gds
Haim_gds began at the beginning.

Device: [M92] Onyx boox note
Some questions about Onyx boox note

I've already ask those questions in BOOX Help Center Community Note series but didn't got a response so I'll appreciate any help...

I've got my self a second hand Onyx boox note, I've bought it mostly for reading and with a very little use of it other (limited..) options.
I've experienced the boox reader in the past, my first E-Ink reader was onyx-boox-m92 7 years ago and currently I used Kindle Oasis.
The Onyx boox note seems much more advance with it options and capabilities so I need a bit of a help from someone already experience it.

1. How can I remove the installed Japanese IME keyboard? It doesn't me too much but it seems a bit silly to me
2. Is there a way to control the volume sound of the keyboard? it usually annoying when I read at bed at night. BTW, more than once the keyboard sound is missed a key when typing quickly.
3. the most important and most annoying problem with the Onyx: I'd like to sort by book in the build in reader application using folders, meaning each category an sub category will be save in its folder and sub folder (example: [FOLDER]->fiction have two sub folders [FOLDER]->since-fiction and [FOLDER]->fantasia), actually I'd like the reader application to use the structure of the files.
When I copy the books from my computer to the books' folder in the reader (Computer\NotePro\Internal storage\Books\Isaac Asimov) the build in reader application show all the books on the top and not in the 'bookshelf'...
It is possible to manually create 'bookshelf' and manually dragging the books inside them but with all the books I have its not practical... I'm using Calibre but I didn't found an option for that kind of sorting while syncing. I'd prefer an application for this because some of the books (works and travel) are not going to be in Calibre. (I have the same problem with my Kindle Oasis and it was one of the reasons I bought a new reader...).
4. How can I back up (preferably to the computer) the build in reader application database ('bookshelf' and location in the books) along with the books? is it compatible with any other Android reader application?
5. Is it possible to hide folders in the build in reader application? I'm going to use it in work from time to time and I'd like full separation between the work data and my books.
6. I've installed the Google Play Book, its my main reader application in Android. After installing it I couldn't sync with the books in my account, what can I do?
7. What is the best free comics reader for E-Ink reader? I'd prefer something more as a book reader (switching page instated of dragging it) than my current application ("Challenger Comics Viewer")
8. I tried installing kindle for android on the Onyx and after installing it say there was an error (unknown) and I don't see the application. Any one else have this problem?
9. Is there a good Hebrew to English dictionary for the build in reader application?

Sorry about all this questions but I'm searching the web and in BOOX Help Center but couldn't find an answer...

Thanks in advance, Haim
Haim_gds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 12:13 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
A number of your requests might be answered well by installing the KOReader apk. I have it running well on my new Note 2.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2020, 02:00 AM   #3
Haim_gds

Thanks Ken, I've download and tried the KOReader with my note but couldn't find the feature I was looking for. The KOReader is a nice reader application like FBReader or Cool-Reader (my favorite) but there where no solution to the problems:
-Its support e-ink mode but I couldn't see the difference from Cool-Reader
-It have something to do with Calibre but I'm trying syncing with the the build in reader application.

I found the volume settings (somewhere, not inside a settings...) and change it.
I've tried forcing Calibre to sync with the Onyx boox note (on 'send to device') and all the reading location I had gone....

The 'bookshelf' syncing still bother me, if I won't be able to sort it out I'll probably spend a long (and very boring...) weekend sorting things manually.
-Where is the 'bookshelf' data is saved on the Onyx boox note?
-Does anyone know the 'bookshelf' data format?

Another problem appeared, suddenly the chapters selecting in the TOC stop responding. I'm starting to think I'll have to a full factory reset and reinstall all.

Last edited by Haim_gds; 08-17-2020 at 01:44 PM.
Old 08-29-2020, 06:28 AM   #4
Haim_gds

I'm trying reading the Onyx boox note Android files searching for the 'bookshelf' data but can't access them.
Is there a way to read/copy those files?