Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-10-2020, 11:48 AM   #1
arakish
arakish can extract oil from cheesearakish can extract oil from cheesearakish can extract oil from cheesearakish can extract oil from cheesearakish can extract oil from cheesearakish can extract oil from cheesearakish can extract oil from cheesearakish can extract oil from cheese

Device: PC
Question x86 versions of older Sigil

I have an old computer laptop that is the "x86" architecture.

What happened to the older Sigils for the "x86" architecture?

Thanks

rmfr
arakish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 06:35 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
On what platform? Is this 32 bit Windows or Linux?
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2020, 06:36 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakish View Post
I have an old computer laptop that is the "x86" architecture.

What happened to the older Sigils for the "x86" architecture?

Thanks

rmfr
How slow is that laptop?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 07:31 AM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Nothing happened to them. They were never built. I stopped maintaining a 32-bit Windows build environment somewhere around v0.9.14.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 10:17 AM   #5
arakish
arakish can extract oil from cheesearakish can extract oil from cheesearakish can extract oil from cheesearakish can extract oil from cheesearakish can extract oil from cheesearakish can extract oil from cheesearakish can extract oil from cheesearakish can extract oil from cheese

Device: PC
All at once...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
On what platform? Is this 32 bit Windows or Linux?
Windows x86 32-bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
How slow is that laptop?
Well, let's just say me grandmother in a wheelchair frozen inside a glacier would be faster. And she is dead... Actually, it is slow due to Intel "Atom" CPU. About all I use it for now days is an XHTML, HTML, CSS, JS, JSON, etc., etc. while I am riding the long-ride buses. It is actuall a NetBook. Its small size makes it much easier to carry along than a full-size notebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Nothing happened to them. They were never built. I stopped maintaining a 32-bit Windows build environment somewhere around v0.9.14.
Well that sucks. That's alright. I'll just do my ebook writing at home. I can still use HTML-Kit to work on the text of the pages. Then I can load them into Sigil when home.

Thanks y'awl for the responses. Greatly appreciated.

rmfr
arakish is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2020, 10:52 AM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakish View Post
Windows x86 32-bit
Just to mention that the older versions of Sigil are available from the download page. Just drop by the Sigil releases page and scroll down. If there was a Windows x86 build, it can still be downloaded from there. You may have to click on Assets to see the downloads. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on next, you can find the older releases.

You might also have noticed that Sigil 1.3.0 has a x86 build, the first release version since 0.9.14 that was built for 32 bit Windows.

Last edited by DNSB; 08-19-2020 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Fat fingers cause typos...
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote