Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-18-2020, 03:52 PM   #1
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Organizing tags

Any ideas or suggestions on how to fix my tags so that they are in an order that isn't strictly alphabetical?

Would like to have the heirarchal tags show desired tags in my own order rather than alphabetical. (not the child, but the parent) so, Instead of A-Z, I could have Characters, Genre, Themes, etc.

I know I could add a number in front to make it show up in the list first, but I would like to avoid doing that.

If this isn't possible, perhaps the powers that be could enhance Calibre to allow tags to be either dragged and dropped to the place in the browser or add tweak that would allow the tag browser to show in a defined order, like we can do with columns in the edit metadata.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 04:26 PM   #2
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
May I suggest custom columns?

According to another post, the sorting is done at category level when the categories are fetched, so manually sorting may not be possible.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2020, 05:43 PM   #3
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Thanks, I am already doing Heirarchal shelves, actually, it is those shelves I wanted to sort first. Characters.Paranormal.Vampires, Characters.Science Ficiton.Aliens, Themes.Dark.Abduction, Themes.Grey.War, etc. Short of adding a number to the beginning so it would be 1 - Characters.Paranormal Vampires, it wouldn't work. I just am tired of a Vampire tag turning into such a long assed tag. I always say that long tags are great for the browser, but suck ass in the book details.

Manually sorting I guess isn't possible, too bad.

Thanks though!

Last edited by Rellwood; 06-18-2020 at 05:45 PM.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 06:09 PM   #4
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Yeah, I understand the pain a bit. I let my inbound/cleanup virtual library grow to ridiculous extents and then end up spending hours on trying to sort everything into the library proper. I think Job Spy has a few tools to help the process but I don't entirely understand them all.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 06:36 PM   #5
beaLollina
Enthusiast
beaLollina began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi, I'm organizing my tags too and I think Categories may be the solution for you. Like you said there are different types of tags so why don't you split them to keep them more organized? You will not still be able to organize in the order you want but if you don't create too many categories you will be able to keep them always in sight in the tag browser.
The only drag is that every time you create a tag, you must add it in his own category (and this become a litlle more complicate if it's on more categories), even if it's a child of a hierarchical tag that already exist in that category. This system works until the tags are not changing too often.
Other than that I think that Categories are underrated, but worthy, give them a try!

Last edited by beaLollina; 06-19-2020 at 06:39 PM.
beaLollina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert