Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-04-2020, 09:54 AM   #1
tdehaeze
tdehaeze began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note2
Open PDFs in neoreader from other software

Hi Guys,

I bought a Boox Note2 one week ago and so far I like this device.
I use it mainly to read academic documents.

However, I don't like the "Library" tab. It is not very convenient to find the paper I want to read (I have over 1000 papers/books).

Thus, I prefer to use another software to list and manage my pdfs (I use Orgzly, but it does not matter I guess).

On the other software, I have links to the pdfs, and when I click on the link, it indeed opens the PDF with neoreader, so far so good.

However, I realized, that instead of opening the PDF in its original folder, it "downloads" (or rather copy) the pdf to the Download folder and then open the PDF in the Download folder. So then, when I add annotations to the PDFs, the changes are saved for the PDFs in the Download folder and not the original PDF.

This is really not convenient. Any idea how to fix that?

Thanks a lot
tdehaeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 10:06 AM   #2
tdehaeze

Just a small remark, the only "workaround" I could find is to simply put all my pdfs in the Download folder.
But I would like to avoid that.
Advert
Old 06-04-2020, 11:50 AM   #3
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
I dont totally understand you. However, you can organize your pdf files via folder, then open them under Storage. You can then open them with any appropriate app by pressing and holding a file.

Last edited by Pajamaman; 06-04-2020 at 08:34 PM.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 03:11 AM   #4
tdehaeze

The problem is that the interface in "Library" is not so convenient to manage 1000+ pdfs.
I would rather use another Android app to list all the pdfs, and from this app open the pdfs with neoreader.
Old 06-05-2020, 03:54 AM   #5
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bigme 3/3, Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Ki/Ko 0/8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdehaeze View Post
The problem is that the interface in "Library" is not so convenient to manage 1000+ pdfs.
I would rather use another Android app to list all the pdfs, and from this app open the pdfs with neoreader.
Im using Calibre Companion.
You can determine the most diverse folders according to the type of book and also the corresponding reading application.
Calibre Companion is the device counterpart to the library management Calibre.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2020, 03:14 AM   #6
tdehaeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Im using Calibre Companion.
You can determine the most diverse folders according to the type of book and also the corresponding reading application.
Calibre Companion is the device counterpart to the library management Calibre.
Thanks for the tip,
Does it works well with scientific papers?
Old 06-12-2020, 03:41 AM   #7
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks for the tip,
There is a trial version
Old 06-14-2020, 09:17 AM   #8
lensmann
Zealot
lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara BW, Aura One, Aura HD, Boox Max 2, ThinkBook Plus Gen 2
Quote:
Thanks for the tip,
One of my co-authors uses Calibre Companion to manage his collection of scholarly papers and books on his Max 2. It works pretty well for him. I personally find that the Max 2's built-in ability to use folders and sub-folders to organise PDFs is more flexible and works better for me than any app does.
lensmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 10:29 AM   #9
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lensmann View Post
One of my co-authors uses Calibre Companion to manage his collection of scholarly papers and books on his Max 2. It works pretty well for him. I personally find that the Max 2's built-in ability to use folders and sub-folders to organise PDFs is more flexible and works better for me than any app does.
Oh, with more than 13.000 books and nearly 2.000 authors?
Old 06-14-2020, 11:02 AM   #10
lensmann
Zealot
lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lensmann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara BW, Aura One, Aura HD, Boox Max 2, ThinkBook Plus Gen 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Oh, with more than 13.000 books and nearly 2.000 authors?
Sure. I only keep a subset of my collection on the Boox (around 3000 books and papers at any given point of time) but the main collection, which resides on a NAS and has well over 30K papers, is also primarily organised via thematic directories and sub-directories. As with all these things, it depends on what works for you.
lensmann is offline   Reply With Quote