Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 05-11-2020, 03:00 AM   #1
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Identifiers field not shown

Dear Kovid,

I've been running calibre-server on Archlinuxarm headless Raspberry Pi for some time, but I don't see the Identifiers (Goodreads) link on Book Details page anymore, though the values are still there. I chose to enable "Show All Metadata" but it did not show either.

Is it a bug from the server?

Last edited by nqk; 05-11-2020 at 03:03 AM.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 08:11 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Works for me.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2020, 08:25 PM   #3
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Works for me.
I thought it might.

Any suggestions where's the setting could be?
Old 05-12-2020, 09:02 PM   #4
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
I thought it might.

Any suggestions where's the setting could be?
Open content server
click on a book
click on the three dots in the upper right corner.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-05-12 20-52-25.png
Views:	202
Size:	807.1 KB
ID:	179210
You want the middle option to read:
Show all metadata
Show all metadata fields in the book details

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-05-12 20-52-35.png
Views:	215
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	179211

bernie
NOT:
Show important metadata
Show only the important metadata fields in the book details

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-05-12 20-59-00.png
Views:	204
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	179212
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 01:43 AM   #5
nqk
Fanatic

Thanks gbm, but the problem is it is not there even with the ALL METADATA. It used to work nicely. Hmm.

Last edited by nqk; 05-13-2020 at 03:03 AM.
Advert
Old 05-13-2020, 05:01 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Looking at the code, it is as I said, either all fields are shown, r the fields you have set to display in the book details panel are shown. I dont see how it is possible that identifiers are not shown. You can check in the browser console if there are any error messages being printed.
Old 05-14-2020, 04:38 AM   #7
nqk
Fanatic

I thought it was either my library or my settings that caused such problem. Then I used a Windows 10 PC and created a clean library with only one book. It doesn't show the identifiers, even in the Calibre Main.

https://imgur.com/q27PmVs
Old 05-14-2020, 04:43 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Does that book actually have any ids that can be made clickable??
Old 05-14-2020, 04:47 AM   #9
nqk
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Does that book actually have any ids that can be made clickable??
It had Goodreads ==> Not working

I added: isbn, only isbn is shown now.

So I think Calibre drops support for Goodreads?

Edit: With that in mind, I managed to create a rule for Goodreads identifier and it is shown now. I've been using Goodreads as identifier for long so I don't even remember if Calibre supports it natively or I created that rule long ago and recently it was broken.

Last edited by nqk; 05-14-2020 at 04:56 AM.
Old 05-14-2020, 05:21 AM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

calibre does not support goodreads natively. You need to install the good reads metadata download plugin for that, it adds support.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 05-14-2020 at 05:53 AM.