Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-11-2020, 07:10 PM   #1
Atherton25
Zealot
Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Download Metadata, Right Side (Metadata Area) Width

First, I try and always say that I appreciate Calibre. Between it and the plugins (particularly FanFicFare) my life has been made considerably easier since I used to do a lot of organization by hand and downloading webnovels/fanfiction by hand.

Anyway, I ran into a small issue in one of the latest updates and thought I'd share it to see if it's something that's a bug, or something that someone else can tell me how to fix. Yes, I have looked on the forums.

First. My computer has dual 4k screen monitors, running Windows 10 (Dark Mode). I do have the latest update for Calibre installed. I am running 64 bit too. Most of that probably doesn't matter, but that's just for information.

So when I updated recently the screen got quite a bit larger. I found on a recent forum post how to fix that (Preferences > Look & Feel > Interface Font option).

When I did this it reset all my windows oddly. Actually made them tiny, some of them off the screen. Probably not as intended, but easy enough to fix. One thing I can't seem to fix is that when updating metadata on a per-book basis, the downloading metadata screen no longer allows me to adjust the width of the left side shown in the picture with the red line around it. Maybe it never did, but it was wider before, but I don't think that's true. Anyway, looking at the attached picture you can see how narrow it is. It's not unusable, but it is really annoying when I actually use it to check metadata.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Metadata Box.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	177656  
Atherton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 07:26 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atherton25 View Post
Maybe it never did, but it was wider before, but I don't think that's true.
That 'sidebar' has never been resizable, this is what I see in version 4.12 (top), and version 2.85 (bottom)

Name:	Annotation 2020-03-12 102201.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	275.8 KB
ID:	177657

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2020, 07:34 PM   #3
Atherton25
Zealot
Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.

Strange, I could have sworn it was. Or maybe the font was smaller and I could read more. Your picture has it it about 20-30% wider than mine or the font size is smaller. (Look at the See at Goodreads, Google" area and you can see how much more space you have. Maybe that was enough that it didn't bother me as much, but it seems quite a bit narrower now.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:51 PM   #4
Atherton25
Zealot

Alright, I went and found an old version I had as a USB. Version 4.5. This is what they look like top/bottom. The bottom is the new version, and the top is the 4.5. You can see the difference in width. So while no, I can't adjust it, it was MUCH wider before, easily twice the width.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Metadata Box Old vs New.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	209.2 KB
ID:	177658  
Old 03-11-2020, 08:37 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...1e9e7ddfa7bb5a
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert