Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-24-2020, 11:42 AM   #1
mulcahey
mulcahey began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke
PC and Mac can't see my Boox Poke

I use an Onyx Boox Poke, and in the past I've hooked it up via USB to my PC for transferring books and APKs. I've also hooked it up via USB to my Mac.

Lately I find that neither my Mac nor my PC will see my Poke. I've tried using different USB cables, and on the Poke I've tried enabling/disabling USB Debugging mode.

But the result is the same: I plug in my Poke, it charges, but it's not visible to the computer and I'm unable to transfer books onto it.

Any suggestions on how to fix?

many thanks!
mulcahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 11:28 AM   #2
rowe
Zealot
rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A9, Mira, Paperlike Colour
On Mac did you have https://www.android.com/filetransfer/ installed? You'd need it (or an alternative) for the Poke to be recognised.
rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-29-2020, 11:21 AM   #3
mulcahey

Thanks! I installed it today, but the problem persists.

What's strange is that this device used to connect to both my Mac and PC, and I've successfully loaded books onto it in the past. Not sure what's changed.
Old 02-29-2020, 12:37 PM   #4
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulcahey View Post
Thanks! I installed it today, but the problem persists.

What's strange is that this device used to connect to both my Mac and PC, and I've successfully loaded books onto it in the past. Not sure what's changed.
Did you made an update?
If USB is set to power, it cannot be seen by PC.
If USB is set to file transfer. the it should be seen

Last edited by ottischwenk; 02-29-2020 at 12:39 PM.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 09:13 AM   #5
mulcahey

Nope, I have not updated. I don't think the Poke has any updates available.

Where do I set the USB? So far I've tried turning Debugging on and off. No success.
Advert
Old 03-06-2020, 12:00 PM   #6
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulcahey View Post
Nope, I have not updated. I don't think the Poke has any updates available.

Where do I set the USB? So far I've tried turning Debugging on and off. No success.
I have Poke Pro and I can see USB connection on Android status line.
Old 03-08-2020, 12:45 PM   #7
mulcahey

Interesting! When I plug in a USB, I only see a notification if I have 'USB Debugging' enabled. The notification is a tiny Android guy, and if I tap it, all that happens is that I disable USB Debugging.

If I don't have USB Debugging enabled, I don't see a notification.

Weirdly, if I go into Device Manager on my PC, I can see the Poke listed! My PC knows it's connected, but it won't let me access it through Windows Explorer or Calibre
Old 03-09-2020, 01:51 AM   #8
ottischwenk
Wizard

Perhaps: my Poke Pro has Android 6.01