Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-10-2020, 06:26 PM   #1
WestCactus
Zealot
WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Oasis 1 & 3, Fire 8
Great on Kindle credits gone?

I notice the last few day the credit of great on kindle books are gone. Is that promotion over?
WestCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 07:45 PM   #2
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCactus View Post
I notice the last few day the credit of great on kindle books are gone. Is that promotion over?
The last Great on Kindle credit that I received had a *short* (IMO) 30-day validity. Use it or lose it, I guess. This was the first I knew of the "Great on Kindle" existence so it was a pleasant surprise to get the credit. With all Amazon credits I err on the side of caution and try to use as soon as possible.

*EDIT to add info from Amazon website*
Quote:
Putting our best book forward
Each Great on Kindle book offers a great reading experience, at a better value than print to keep your wallet happy.
Earn $1.10 credit towards other Great on Kindle books when you buy the Kindle edition. The credit amount is based on this book's price. Eligible on up to 10 units per order. View the full terms and conditions here.

Terms and Conditions
Offer only applies to eBooks with “Great on Kindle” badging made available through Amazon.com (excluding Audible narration add-ons). Available to U.S. residents on up to 10 eBook units per order. Promotional credit cannot be earned on gifting and “buy for others” purchases made with promotional credits. Purchases of eBooks are subject to the Kindle Store Terms. Promotional credits may be used toward the purchase of “Great on Kindle” eBooks only (excluding Audible narration add-ons). The promotional credit(s) will be credited to your account within one day of initial qualifying purchase and, once credited, will be automatically applied to future qualifying purchases. You will receive an email from Amazon confirming that the promotional credits have been added to your customer account. Promotional credits expire 30 days after receipt. Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold. The promotional credits will automatically apply to your next eligible Kindle “Great on Kindle” eBook purchase and can be viewed in your order summary after you place an order for an eligible book. If any of the content related to this offer is returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the content, subject to applicable refund policies. If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel this offer at any time.

Last edited by ngrant; 02-10-2020 at 07:51 PM.
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2020, 09:07 PM   #3
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
you only get a period of time to use it. Use it or lose it. not sure the time frame. The promo is still offered.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 11:48 PM   #4
WestCactus
Zealot
WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I stopped showing any books with credits. Still seeing Great on Kindle books advertised. Just no credits when purchased.
Old 02-11-2020, 10:56 AM   #5
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
I went and looked at a couple and it's showing me they come with credits. If it shows that, but doesn't give it to you at checkout, you need to contact support.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2020, 02:43 PM   #6
WestCactus
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
I went and looked at a couple and it's showing me they come with credits. If it shows that, but doesn't give it to you at checkout, you need to contact support.
Thanks, I don’t have current credit, just any new purchase doesn’t include it on any books I saw. Could be a glitch in the matrix.
Old 02-11-2020, 02:50 PM   #7
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I find it's extremely hit-or-miss whether a book has a Great for Kindle credit.

More miss than hit.

Does this book have a credit? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ICN066A
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 03:51 PM   #8
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post

More miss than hit.

Yes, this is in a box in the listing detail:
Quote:
Great on Kindle
Great Experience. Great Value.
Enjoy a great reading experience, with a $1.50 credit back to spend on your next Great on Kindle book when you buy the Kindle edition of this book. Learn more about Great on Kindle, available in select categories.
Old 02-11-2020, 03:57 PM   #9
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

that's what I see too, so I think the books you were looking at were in the rather large "miss" pile.
Old 02-11-2020, 07:42 PM   #10
WestCactus
Zealot

Quote:

More miss than hit.

I already own that so I think that is why I don't see it on that one.
Old 02-11-2020, 07:44 PM   #11
WestCactus
Zealot

Quote:

More miss than hit.

Thanks, I must have always hit as usually it is 50 cents or higher depending on the cost. I finally got to the miss pile!!
Old 02-11-2020, 10:48 PM   #12
ngrant
Gadget Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCactus View Post
I already own that so I think that is why I don't see it on that one.
I also own this ebook "Sapiens", purchased in March 2016, and I am still seeing the "Great on Kindle" box in the detailed description. Funny, it didn't have anything about Great on Kindle then, and in fact I never saw anything about Great on Kindle before and now I'm seeing it on all kinds of books now...
Old 02-11-2020, 11:04 PM   #13
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer

I don't think there was a "Great on Kindle" program back theb
Old 02-11-2020, 11:07 PM   #14
WestCactus
Zealot

I do see this:

Great on Kindle
Great Experience. Great Value.
Enjoy a great reading experience when you buy the Kindle edition of this book. Learn more about Great on Kindle, available in select categories.

I haven’t found a book with and credits. I’ll look for more books!
Old 02-12-2020, 11:30 AM   #15
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrant View Post
I also own this ebook "Sapiens", purchased in March 2016, and I am still seeing the "Great on Kindle" box in the detailed description. Funny, it didn't have anything about Great on Kindle then, and in fact I never saw anything about Great on Kindle before and now I'm seeing it on all kinds of books now...
Books go on or off the "Great on Kindle" all the time. The credit expiration has always been short. The credit percentage used to be higher.

It is not easy to find a list of all "Great on Kindle" books, but sometimes it happens.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote