Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-26-2020, 06:49 AM   #1
famfam
Connoisseur
famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Clara image viewer

english:
A question about the Kobo Clara image viewer:
I noticed that images (maps, for example) appear sharper and well contrasted for a fraction of a second when zooming and when changing pages and are then permanently less sharp and weakly contrasted but too bright, making them difficult to read.
Is the phenomenon known and is the reason for this deficiency known?
Do I have to use Photoshop to contrast the images more strongly and reduce the brightness to get results that can be used and read in Kobo Clara?
(Example ebook: Henry Kissinger - The White House Years)
german:
Mal eine Frage zum Bildbetrachter des Kobo Clara:
Mir ist aufgefallen, dass Bilder (Landkarten z.B.) beim Zooming und beim Seitenwechsel für Sekundenbruchteile schärfer und gut kontrastiert erscheinen und dann permanent weniger scharf und schwach kontrastiert aber dafür zu hell dargestellt werden, sodass sie nur noch schwer zu lesen sind.
Ist das Phänomen bekannt und kennt man den Grund für diesen Mangel?
Muss ich erst mit Photoshop die Bilder stärker kontrastieren und die Helligkeit reduzieren, um Ergebnisse zu erhalten, die im Kobo Clara zu gebrauchen und lesbar sind?
famfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 08:51 AM   #2
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by famfam View Post
english:
A question about the Kobo Clara image viewer:
I noticed that images (maps, for example) appear sharper and well contrasted for a fraction of a second when zooming and when changing pages and are then permanently less sharp and weakly contrasted but too bright, making them difficult to read.
Is the phenomenon known and is the reason for this deficiency known?
Do I have to use Photoshop to contrast the images more strongly and reduce the brightness to get results that can be used and read in Kobo Clara?
(Example ebook: Henry Kissinger - The White House Years)
german:
Mal eine Frage zum Bildbetrachter des Kobo Clara:
Mir ist aufgefallen, dass Bilder (Landkarten z.B.) beim Zooming und beim Seitenwechsel für Sekundenbruchteile schärfer und gut kontrastiert erscheinen und dann permanent weniger scharf und schwach kontrastiert aber dafür zu hell dargestellt werden, sodass sie nur noch schwer zu lesen sind.
Ist das Phänomen bekannt und kennt man den Grund für diesen Mangel?
Muss ich erst mit Photoshop die Bilder stärker kontrastieren und die Helligkeit reduzieren, um Ergebnisse zu erhalten, die im Kobo Clara zu gebrauchen und lesbar sind?
I think it has to do with greyscale. I think it initially renders it without the detailing of all the different greys. So maybe doing as you suggest with photoshop, or eliminating colour aspects (if it turns out that there is colour in the pictures/maps) and changing them to black rather than greyscale could help. I know that whenever a book uses blue to show hyperlinks, you have the same affect.

(Btw, your English is pretty perfect, and I don't see anything being lost from what you wrote in German, sorry I'm too tired to reply in German, but I'm guessing your comprehension will be at least as good as your writing!)
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
image viewer, kobo clara hd