Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-20-2020, 04:23 PM   #1
Jpsi
Jpsi began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note 2
Lag Note 2 compared to Max 3

Hi all,

Just a small question to check whether I am crazy or not: I got the Max 3 in december for a couple of weeks. I love the writing feeling, but I send it back because 1/ it was too big to be easily used at work, and 2/ I couldn't manage to find a portable keyboard (like a combo keyboard/case) where the Max 3 will fit (I did love the K780 from Logitech that I got though, but it was not portable enough).

Then I bought a Note 2. It's quite nice a better suits my needs, but I have some latency when writing (in the Onyx apps, so the note app and Neoreader).

My question is: are you aware of a different lag when writing between the Max 3 and the note 2 ?

I was actually expecting an improvement, as the screen size/resolution is smaller for the same hardware specs. Maybe the glass screen is decreasing the screen reactivity ?

It's also possible that I am just imagining things, and that when I tested the Max 3 my enthusiasm made me forgot about the lag

I made this tread apart as I think other people would want to know that before deciding between both devices.

Thanks in advance for your reply (and the tests, if anyone can actually test this)
Jpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 08:47 AM   #2
Alan_Peery
Alan_Peery began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Book Max 3
IIUC the Note 2 is not just smaller, it's an entire generation earlier and with a slower processor. Check the processor to be sure. It may not matter if the software is well-written enough to be fast on either processor.

One of the big things driving me to the Max 3 is support for Android 9 rather Android 6, though I am sure the processor power will also be a good thing for me.
Alan_Peery is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2020, 10:51 AM   #3
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_Peery View Post
IIUC the Note 2 is not just smaller, it's an entire generation earlier and with a slower processor. Check the processor to be sure. It may not matter if the software is well-written enough to be fast on either processor.

One of the big things driving me to the Max 3 is support for Android 9 rather Android 6, though I am sure the processor power will also be a good thing for me.
Note2 has the same features as Max3 except for the screen
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 09:17 PM   #4
JeffC
JeffC knows the complete value of PI to the endJeffC knows the complete value of PI to the endJeffC knows the complete value of PI to the endJeffC knows the complete value of PI to the endJeffC knows the complete value of PI to the endJeffC knows the complete value of PI to the endJeffC knows the complete value of PI to the endJeffC knows the complete value of PI to the endJeffC knows the complete value of PI to the endJeffC knows the complete value of PI to the endJeffC knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Boox Max 2 Pro
I own a Max 3 and Note 2. I just checked again, and barely noticed any difference. In both devices the lag was negligible.
JeffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 11:45 AM   #5
Gameboy213
Connoisseur
Gameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox Note 2 , Kindle Oasis 2018
I have the Note 2 and had a Max 3. I never noticed a difference either before I got rid of the Max due to the size.
Gameboy213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert