Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-15-2019, 02:34 PM   #1
TJB4916
TJB4916 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Clara HD owners Do you consider this acceptable?

Recently picked up a Clara to replace a Kobo glo.

First one went back yesterday due to light bleed along the sides.

This is the new one. Do you consider this acceptable? Or should I contact kobo for a replacement.

I do alot of reading in the dark with backlight at bout 10 percent.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191215_120550.jpg
Views:	584
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	175634   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191215_120546.jpg
Views:	544
Size:	422.1 KB
ID:	175635   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191215_014804.jpg
Views:	658
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	175636  
TJB4916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 03:49 PM   #2
Nirekeyaki
Nirekeyaki will become famous soon enoughNirekeyaki will become famous soon enoughNirekeyaki will become famous soon enoughNirekeyaki will become famous soon enoughNirekeyaki will become famous soon enoughNirekeyaki will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Libra 2 - Clara HD
I have a Clara hd with slight bleeding in the corners below that do not bother me to read. Your screen is better than mine, so in my opinion, you have a Clara hd with very good lighting.
Nirekeyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2019, 04:01 PM   #3
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I suggest you Email these pictures to Kobo .... 3 Clara's I not see this!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 04:08 PM   #4
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Idk if it looks worse in the picture than it actually is, but mine is perfect (I got it a few weeks ago). But, either way, your pictures look significantly better than ones from when they usually had issues near the beginning.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 04:40 PM   #5
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
I suggest you Email these pictures to Kobo .... 3 Clara's I not see this!
nor do I
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2019, 04:42 PM   #6
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Idk if it looks worse in the picture than it actually is, but mine is perfect (I got it a few weeks ago). But, either way, your pictures look significantly better than ones from when they usually had issues near the beginning.
I just (back)ordered a Clara HD on sale from Amazon but if this is already better, looks like I'll be cancelling my order. Last pic in particular looks absolutely awful.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 04:57 PM   #7
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
The 3rd picture looks to have some kind of diagonal lines. Doesn't that usually indicate a broken screen substrate?

My Clara looks nothing like this.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 05:05 PM   #8
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

my screen is perfect
Old 12-15-2019, 05:22 PM   #9
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
I just (back)ordered a Clara HD on sale from Amazon but if this is already better, looks like I'll be cancelling my order. Last pic in particular looks absolutely awful.
Mine is perfect except that the edges are just slightly darker. There isn't any bleed in mine, and it certainly looks significantly better than the pictures in the first post.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 05:47 PM   #10
TJB4916

Sorry I forgot to mention , that weird thing halfway up is just me lifting the screen protector that comes on it from factory.

You should have seen the first one. The shadowing wasnt as bad at the bottom , bit it had about 2 inches of actually ligt bleed up the right hand side and about an inch on the left.

I was unaware that Indigo here in Canada only forms returns and exchanges for the 14 days after purchase, so that opportunity goes away in 2 days. But I'm almost 2 hours from an Indigo store so I'll be contacting Kobo here in the next day or two.

I like to read without any borders or margins, so I do notice it as a read.
Old 12-15-2019, 05:49 PM   #11
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
I got mine from Amazon and it's perfect. seriously perfect, or it would have gone back. don't know what the second batch will be, but this first one was a sort of backorder too. I kept getting delivery dates that then would go away. it finally came but it was beyond the original dates.
Old 12-15-2019, 05:49 PM   #12
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
I've got Tolino Shine 3 (same hardware) and the screen looks much nicer than that. No light bleed at all but (like geek1011) slightly darker on the edges. I thought the light bleed Claras were a thing of the past.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 05:50 PM   #13
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Mine is perfect except that the edges are just slightly darker. There isn't any bleed in mine, and it certainly looks significantly better than the pictures in the first post.
same, though I don't notice darker edges, but old eyes too. and I have the lighting pretty bright.
Old 12-15-2019, 10:55 PM   #14
bookyboy
Addict
bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I wonder if this one came from a batch that was old?

Everything I’ve heard seem to indicate the sorts of problems have been solved with the Clara
bookyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 12:42 AM   #15
TJB4916

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookyboy View Post
I wonder if this one came from a batch that was old?

Everything I’ve heard seem to indicate the sorts of problems have been solved with the Clara

That's my thoughts as well. Although, both units came from different stores in different cities, its totally possible.

I'm going to email Kobo tomorrow and see if I can get a replacement.

I've heard alot about the bad screens and thought this was a dead issue already. Fingers crossed the next one is a keeper.