Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

View Poll Results: "Next," "Previous" Triangles In Margins:
Those triangles are mostly distractions and should be discarded. Best to keep the reader as clean as possible. 7 28.00%
Those triangles are useful reminding me to click in margins. Otherwise who would think to click in margins? 18 72.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2019, 01:54 AM   #1
nkormanik
Connoisseur
nkormanik began at the beginning.

Device: DavidAcisAAJ
Calibre 4 Ebook Reader -- "Next," "Previous" Triangles

As said previously, no need for those triangles.

All the youngsters have caught on that left and right margins move you backward and forward.

The triangles are merely distractions, taking away from a clean reading window.

Seriously.

Thanks!

Nicholas Kormanik
Old 12-05-2019, 02:31 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Had there been a 'Don't care" option I would have selected it.

BTW: given your thread has nothing to do with calibre news downloads I moved it from the Recipes sub-forum into the main Calibre forum.

BR
Advert
Old 12-05-2019, 02:38 AM   #3
nkormanik
Connoisseur

Thanks BetterRed. Glad it's in the right section now.
Old 12-05-2019, 02:55 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Maybe I should rename that sub-forum the Bermuda Triangle subforum

BR
Old 12-05-2019, 02:57 AM   #5
nkormanik
Connoisseur

I do wish those triangles would disappear.
Advert
Old 12-05-2019, 04:19 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkormanik View Post
Don't really care.
But they make it clear what THIS UI expects, since there seems to be a few different ways to get the job done in various apps.
Old 12-05-2019, 04:45 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
I didn't even know there were triangles until someone complained about them. I use the scroll wheel to change pages so I never see the triangles.
Old 12-05-2019, 07:10 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There's a missing option in the poll. There needs to be a third option. We need a don't use the triangles.
Old 12-05-2019, 07:24 AM   #9
nkormanik
Connoisseur

"Don't use" = "No need"

"Don't care" = "No need"

Remember, Kovid's stated objective was to keep the interface CLEAN and UNCLUTTERED.
Old 12-05-2019, 08:39 AM   #10
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
This thread belongs in a monomania forum, if we had one. The forum icon would be a triangle, of course.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:25 AM   #11
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
"Don't use" = "No need"

"Don't care" = "No need"

Remember, Kovid's stated objective was to keep the interface CLEAN and UNCLUTTERED.
I don't use the arrows, but see no reason to get rid of them. My interface is uncluttered since I never see the arrows.

I vote the arrows serve a purpose and should definitely remain.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:42 AM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
"Don't use" = "No need"

"Don't care" = "No need"

No,those are NOT the same.
I don't CARE that they are there right now.
I might NEED these later.
FWIW I use the spacebar to page when I preview a book (I do my main READ on my readers)
Old 12-05-2019, 12:55 PM   #13
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I don't use the triangles. If someone else uses them, good on them. I personally have the margins set to 4/4/4/4 which makes it hard to hover on the margin for any length of time and makes the triangles miniscule.

Not to mention I seem to remember a discussion back in October where the OP did not want the triangles-- ah, there it is. Calibre 4 Ebook Reader -- Don't Show "Next," "Previous" Triangles started on Oct. 3rd, 2019.

Last edited by DNSB; 12-05-2019 at 01:00 PM.
Old 12-05-2019, 06:00 PM   #14
Bookstooge
Guru
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
If I join the Anti-Triangle League, do I get a special uniform, or a pin or something? I'm definitely open to bribes that would lead me to having some sort of martial ranking. I've always been partial to "His Supreme Excellence, Overlord General Marshal Emperor Bookstooge".
Old 12-06-2019, 04:51 AM   #15
nkormanik
Connoisseur

My sense is that some here are not taking this matter seriously.

SAVE OUR WHITE-SPACE!!

KEEP OUT THE TRIANGLES!!
Closed Thread