Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-14-2019, 05:31 AM   #1
incomplete
incomplete began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle Paperwhite 4 audiobooks

Bought a KPW4 recently and was trying to transfer some audiobooks (mp3 format) into the Audible folder. But nothing showed.

My question here: do we have to buy from Audible to listen to audiobooks? Or is there any way around that?

Thanks for any help or advice!
incomplete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 09:19 AM   #2
SusanReads
Addict
SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by incomplete View Post
Bought a KPW4 recently and was trying to transfer some audiobooks (mp3 format) into the Audible folder. But nothing showed.

My question here: do we have to buy from Audible to listen to audiobooks? Or is there any way around that?

Thanks for any help or advice!
Sorry, no mp3s for the Kindle. It's only for Audible books.
SusanReads is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2019, 09:40 AM   #3
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Fires play MP3 fine buy a cheap one & enjoy.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 12:23 PM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Fires play MP3 fine buy a cheap one & enjoy.
So does ANY very cheap Android Tablet, a Fire is a locked to Amazon crippled Android Tablet, only nearly good value when on sale. Let's not feed the Amazon monster. Who own Audible.

Also MP3 players are about dead except to feed an old HiFi as almost everyone over 12 has a smartphone, at least in Ireland anyway.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 02:25 PM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Also I’m not aware of any file converters than can convert mp3 to the Audible format Kindle uses.

MP3 players are not dead, you can still buy one if you want to (for under $20). More if you want Bluetooth support.
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2019, 03:19 PM   #6
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Old cell phones make decent MP3 players. They are also great for white noise apps when you don't want to leave your cell phone plugged in all night. My old 4s is still in use for that, as well as for some old games not updated for current iOS. The grandkids love it, it fits their hands nicely.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 03:50 PM   #7
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

FrustratedReader My old Fire plays MP3s Both Music & Audio ebooks....which I converted myself from Cassette books Audible Does NOT have. sheesh
Old 11-14-2019, 03:58 PM   #8
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
FrustratedReader My old Fire plays MP3s Both Music & Audio ebooks....which I converted myself from Cassette books Audible Does NOT have. sheesh
Yes, because unlike a real Kindle, it's merely an Amazon version of an Android Tablet. No need for a more expensive, less open version of an Android Tablet. The Fire only exists to promote Amazon.
I didn't mean locking down in the sense a Kindle is, which makes sense, the Fire is more open than an iPhone. The eink is really only good for books. I've had older Kindles that do play MP3s and the interface is terrible. It's more amazing that Kindles even allow Audible audio books but then that's an Amazon product.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 07:58 PM   #9
incomplete
incomplete began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for all the advice and help! I'm thinking of combining reading with listening on the same Kindle device, without having to spending too much. Looks like that's just not feasible.
incomplete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 03:11 AM   #10
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Quote:
Originally Posted by incomplete View Post
Thanks for all the advice and help! I'm thinking of combining reading with listening on the same Kindle device, without having to spending too much. Looks like that's just not feasible.
Buy the Best Tablet you can afford.... and Download the Amazon Reading app & Audible app that way you can use immersive reading. Then Download the MP3 app for music & other Audio book. Course you can add any other apps you use for reading & what ever.

I use my Fire 10" for Movies Reading and Audible Music & Audiobooks. Tons more. I also use my Cell phone the same. There are so many options now I am sure you find some thing to work for you.

Last edited by Barbara1955; 11-15-2019 at 03:17 AM.