Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-31-2019, 08:00 PM   #1
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Identifiers

Is there a way of preventing edit metadata from overwriting identifiers? I have isbn's set exactly how I want them, but if I edit metadata will overwrite them. Not helpful when I accidentally select the wrong book, or the wrong edition.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:39 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You must mean download metadata or Extract metadata from book, because I am pretty sure metadata edit in and of itself won't change any Ids unless you type them.

Although I note, there's no checkbox to include/exclude IDs from downloading - globally or by site.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2019, 10:51 PM   #3
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Audit Log Plugin

The "Audit Log" plugin tracks all metadata changes, and allows automatic reversals of most metadata, including Identifiers.

Of course, it is advisable to periodically purge the AL-retained log data via its menu option, and then compress metadata.db using Maintain Library. Otherwise your metadata.db will get unnecessarily enormous due to the "log" size growing.

AL is activated/deactivated/purged separately for each Library, such as only for a WorkBench Library. See the ToolTips.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote