Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-21-2019, 07:51 AM   #1
MrTick
Enhtusiast
MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 DxG PW1 KV PW4
[KUAL] Yet another clock extension

I really envied the PW2+ feature of displaying current time while reading.
There was this extension called showtime by @Hanspeter https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=282590 but it had two flaws:
- it was using default eips font for printing the time
- it was not updating on minute-change, just when the page is turned.
And as I've recently discovered (masochistic?) joy of writing bash scripts here's another extension to do so.

It should have no influence on the battery, as the main process uses lipc-event-wait, and child processes are being suspended when no clock display is needed.

It has still few bugs that should be corrected soon:
- clock show once when the script is started (it disappears after titlebar refresh)
- sometimes clock persists after exiting a book (it also disappears after screen refresh)
- in rare occasions clock is not displayed properly (some digits are missing)

The script currently will work for PW1 only, but should be easily portable to KT (resizing digits+finding new XPOS/YPOS values).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2019_10_21T13_39_51+0200.png
Views:	308
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	174420  
Attached Files
File Type: zip yaclock_v0.5.zip (6.5 KB, 203 views)
MrTick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 12:11 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Oh, hai! .

See MiniClock for a curiously on-point use-case in Kobo-land .
(And over here for a few tweaks to play with the latest FBInk features to avoid having to respawn a full process each time).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-21-2019 at 03:08 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2019, 12:46 PM   #3
MrTick
Enhtusiast
MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 DxG PW1 KV PW4
Sooo... I was thinking I don't need FBInk to draw the clock. It seemed to me that it's too advanced tool to just draw few digits. But rendering truetype fonts right into the framebuffer? That sound tempting. I'll probably switch from eips to your amazing tool soon, I just need to do some more reading
MrTick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 03:06 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
It's just that, while I like the fun involved in a DIY approach of putting together PNGs of individual characters, it just feels *extremely* inefficient .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote