Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-06-2019, 03:32 PM   #1
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Question In Calibre, I tap "Update cached metadata on device" but Kobo still has old metadata

I have a Kobo Forma. I add books onto it with Calibre (currently 3.47.1) on Linux.

On my Kobo Forma, there are some books with info I want to fix. For example, in my Forma's listings of authors, where it should be listed as FirstName LastName, there is a book that shows up as

LastName, FirstName.

So, while the Forma and laptop are not connected, I open Calibre and find that book. I then change it from

LastName FirstName
to
FirstName Lastname

I then connect the Kobo Forma to the laptop. Then, in Calibre, I click on the Device dropdown arrow, and choose Update cached metadata on device. I eject the device. I disconnect the USB cable from the Forma.

But it still appears as
Lastname, Firstname.

I've tried updating the metadata while the device is connected to Calibre, and still the same failure.

Last edited by droopy; 09-06-2019 at 04:32 PM.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 04:55 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
I'm not sure if author info counts as metadata. We need davidfor to chime in here.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2019, 10:23 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The author is included in the metadata to be updated.

The most likely reason for the metadata of a book not to be updated is that calibre has matched the book in the library to the book on the device. If there is no green tick on the the book when the device is connected, it isn't matched to the device. From what you say the author was, it is likely it wasn't matched. You can do this manually in the device list. Find the book there, right-click on it and select the "Match book to library" option. The next dialog is to search for the book in the library. Find it, select it and press OK. Then, right-click on the device button and choose "Update cached metadata on device". This will update a calibre file on the device which will do the match the next time the device is connected.

If that isn't the case, I would need to see a debug log from calibre. With the device connected, restart calibre in debug mode (right-click the preferences button and choose it there). Calibre will restart and when the device jobs finished, close calibre. The debug log will be displayed. Post or PM me the full log to look at.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote