Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-03-2019, 04:22 AM   #1
kremi
kremi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo N613
Kobo glo N613, is it dead?

Hello and welcome all members as it is my 1st post here.

I bought a defective reader, model as in topic.

Symptoms: does not turn on, reset is not helping, it wakes up when plugged into charger i was even able to bind it with kobo account and perform initial update, reader was visible with windows software, but now it is stuck on updating... screen.

I wanted to ask the experts, if there is anything I can do to revive it or is it only a paperweight now.

Thank you and Best Regards
kremi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 07:23 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
What reset have you done? Just pressed the pinhole reset button? Or a factory reset using the light button? And have you charged it?

You can probably will need to do a factory reset. Instructions to so so are at https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/artic...-your-Kobo-Glo.

It's likely that the problem is a failing SD card. You might need to replace it and restore an image to it to get the device going.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2019, 07:38 AM   #3
kremi
kremi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo N613
Hi davidfor,

Thank you for answer.

Charging brings device to a state where screen flickers and update... is displayed. The charging led sometimes stays on and sometimes not.

The device does not react to the buttons so I believe factory reset is not an option.

If it helps I can share the video(s) with described behaviours.
kremi is offline   Reply With Quote