Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-27-2019, 02:27 PM   #1
WestCactus
Zealot
WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Oasis 1 & 3, Fire 8
The Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 4 is now available in Twilight Blue

The Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 4 e-reader came out in November 2018 and the only color available to purchase was black. The company just added a new color that is available right now and it is called Twilight Blue, this is apropo, because it is waterproof.

The entire back of the Paperwhite 4 is blue and so are the very edges of the front of the bezel. The Micro USB and power button are also blue. The front of the device is still predominantly black. I think the twilight blue adds a nice blue hue to the front of the device.

https://goodereader.com/blog/kindle/...-twilight-blue
WestCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 04:01 PM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCactus View Post
The Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 4 e-reader came out in November 2018 and the only color available to purchase was black. The company just added a new color that is available right now and it is called Twilight Blue, this is apropo, because it is waterproof.
Looks pretty light to be "twilight" blue to me. For some reason I would imagine "twilight" to be a darker blue, something closer to indigo. This blue actually looks closer to robin eggshell blue.

(Yeah, I'm going to be a dink about this.)

Image of Benjamin Moore's Twilight Blue attached...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BenjaminMooreTwilight.png
Views:	254
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	172612  

Last edited by rcentros; 07-27-2019 at 04:04 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2019, 04:14 PM   #3
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
From The Digital Reader:

Kindle Paperwhite Now Available in Urinal Cake Blue
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 05:15 PM   #4
kyôdai
Groupie
kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It is actually three colours!

In China Amazon is also offering a red and a green version.

-> https://www.amazon.cn/dp/B07PNS2ZCZ/...ay&sr=8-1&th=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	61O-eq1gqxL._SL1000_.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	172614   Click image for larger version

Name:	61U0XZqClYL._SL1000_.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	172615   Click image for larger version

Name:	61VEcMJTSUL._SL1000_.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	172616  

Last edited by kyôdai; 07-27-2019 at 05:30 PM.
kyôdai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 05:21 PM   #5
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
I wish they would offer the Oasis with a plastic casing
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2019, 06:02 PM   #6
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyôdai View Post
It is actually three colours!

In China Amazon is also offering a red and a green version.
The red and green versions look like a light magenta and cyan.

Wonder how long before they show up in the U.S.?
Old 07-27-2019, 06:05 PM   #7
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
It might be a wild guess, but I gather that the folks at The Digital Reader aren't that impressed with the shade of blue Amazon chose. I don't think it's ugly, I just don't see "twilight" blue. Why not just "blue?"
Old 07-27-2019, 06:21 PM   #8
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
It might be a wild guess, but I gather that the folks at The Digital Reader aren't that impressed with the shade of blue Amazon chose. I don't think it's ugly, I just don't see "twilight" blue. Why not just "blue?"
I'd guess that he was in a "certain frame of mind" after having written this article: https://the-digital-reader.com/2019/...out-kids-book/
Old 07-28-2019, 02:10 AM   #9
Figlilly
Zealot
Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2&3, Paperwhites, Kindle Touch, Kobo Clara, IPad Air2
I often wondered why the Kindle didn't come in different colours. I remember a work colleague had a red Sony reader back in the early days. I always thought it looked quite spiffy.

I like the green on the Chinese Kindle page but the blue is pretty.
Figlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 12:50 PM   #10
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
I agree with rcentros--new color is blue...but not twilight blue. More of a sky blue or even a "urinal cake" blue than twilight. Personally I don't really like the color they chose, but would really like to see a darker blue device.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 01:20 PM   #11
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Figwit: Yeah, those red Sony's were pretty fun .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 01:22 PM   #12
lumpynose
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figwit View Post
I often wondered why the Kindle didn't come in different colours. I remember a work colleague had a red Sony reader back in the early days. I always thought it looked quite spiffy.

I like the green on the Chinese Kindle page but the blue is pretty.
Maybe they're doing the add-on market a favor. If you want a spiffy looking Kindle you'll have to buy a cover.
Old 07-28-2019, 05:52 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The problem is that Amazon botched the color big time. You won't be seeing the colors because the Kindle will in in a cover. The colors need to be on the bezel. Way to do a major botch job Amazon.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 06:00 PM   #14
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The problem is that Amazon botched the color big time. You won't be seeing the colors because the Kindle will in in a cover. The colors need to be on the bezel. Way to do a major botch job Amazon.
... which is also available in blue

oh, and not everyone uses covers
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 06:01 PM   #15
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I just wanted to take the piss out of Amazon.

I have been waiting for days to make that joke.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote