Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-15-2019, 12:04 AM   #1
rami112358
rami112358 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Exporting Annotations Categorized by Chapter

So, before I got my kindle oasis, I was using the kindle app with side-loaded books or docs sent to kindle email.
There was an option to export the annotations as an HTML formatted document and have it sent by email. This file categorized highlights by chapter.
I know this functionality is not present in the Kindle. But I really want to get my highlights WITH Chapter name or categorized by chapter along with book title.
I have tried Calibre plugins and kindle mate, but both of them just show the location of the highlight and do not include any information about the chapter name. I hope if someone has already found a solution to this, they would share it.
I have a lot of highlights and having them without chapter titles is very messy and renders them almost useless.
[EDIT] I have a windows laptop for the sync so Klib is not an option
[EDIT] I am not using amazon's syncing highlights. I am using side-loaded books almost exclusively

Last edited by rami112358; 07-15-2019 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Additional Information
rami112358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 08:26 AM   #2
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
To my knowledge, there is no way to derive more information from the highlights.txt than what is already present. Since this is your only way to access highlights made in sideloaded books, there is no way to add chapter titles to your exported files.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2019, 02:04 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I am guessing that you know that if you use Send To Kindle and save to your Amazon account’s cloud storage, that your notes and annotations get saved up there, and that you can export them with the Kindle app for Android, iOS, or Fire? That’s certainly the easiest thing for the average user, but may not meet your requirements.

Apart from that you could do screen captures of your Notebook, copy them off and extract the text. Too much work for me, but maybe someone can write a Calibre plugin to automate it.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote