Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-08-2018, 12:56 PM   #1
rjbarber
rjbarber began at the beginning.

Device: None
Add Book File Filter Rules Bulk Import?

Is there a way to bulk import multiple File Filter Rules?

I want to filter out the same file extensions I set in the Automatic Adding section. Instead of adding them one at a time in the Adding Actions section of the Adding Books preferences, is there a file I can edit and add all the rules via cut-n-pasting properly formatted rule sections?
rjbarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 03:57 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
They're in the add-filter-rules.json file in the calibre configuration directory, you'll need to add a rule to create the file and get a 'template', which will look something like this

Code:
{
  "template": [
    {
      "query": "template", 
      "action": "ignore", 
      "match_type": "startswith"
    }
  ]
}
There's a button in Preferences->Miscellaneous to open the calibre configuration directory. And take a copy of the directory and close calibre before you edit any files in there.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert