Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-23-2008, 02:03 PM   #1
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
iRex Releases DR1000 SDK and source code

iRex has released an SDK and source code for the iRex DR1000.

You can find this here.

The SDK is based on Poky, so I have some research to do. iRex also promises to release further documentation.

I'm sure developers will be busy working on discovering the internals and the many possibilities of this new development platform.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 02:20 PM   #2
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
I look forward to the results not having a clue about programming any more. (gave up 20 yrs ago after machine code on intel 8080 & z80 at University).

I do hope that several of the iliad programmes can be ported across though.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2008, 02:21 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Bravo for iRex!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 02:49 PM   #4
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
AND the source code? Does this really mean we already get the source for the new all-in-on viewer application?
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 03:09 PM   #5
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by axel77 View Post
AND the source code? Does this really mean we already get the source for the new all-in-on viewer application?
It doesn't appear so. The binary is called "uds". I don't see anything like that in the sources.

The ctb package is the new content browser....
Advert
Old 10-23-2008, 03:35 PM   #6
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Looking through the sources, I'm not seeing any refresh calls... I wonder if iRex has figured out a way to automatically refresh the screen without having to manually call it.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:43 PM   #7
M@rcel
Connoisseur
M@rcel began at the beginning.

Device: Irex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
Looking through the sources, I'm not seeing any refresh calls... I wonder if iRex has figured out a way to automatically refresh the screen without having to manually call it.
Perhaps they read this forum, too

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22215
M@rcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 03:53 PM   #8
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
It doesn't appear so. The binary is called "uds". I don't see anything like that in the sources.

It's probably just the GPL code, which is what they had release for the iLiad as well up until recently. The in-house iRex proprietary stuff will probably stay closed.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:55 PM   #9
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@rcel View Post
Well thats the idea of them Opening the Source. I for one don't mind they embrace ideas from here in this deal.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:57 PM   #10
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

I'm sure they've been working on the device a lot longer than the xepdmanager has been out.

Besides, from what I can tell, it's a similar idea but a different implementation.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:03 PM   #11
axel77
Fanatic

Quote:

I expected so, well I think its about us to show what we can do with the iLiad when having full sources, so in a middletimed future they are inclined to do that as well. Maybe, maybe not. maybe the finance crisis will eat us all up until then eitherway Or the LHC explodes earth...
Old 10-23-2008, 06:14 PM   #12
sarikan
Zealot
sarikan began at the beginning.

Device: none
I am almost sure that I've read in a post that Irex will be open sourcing the whole thing. I guess it was a response from the irex team.(fingers crossed)
sarikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 02:39 AM   #13
Gogolo
Addict
Gogolo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1000S, Nook ST (rooted), Kobo Aura one (ksm)
This could be the first post in a DR1000 Developer's Corner...

Gogolo
Gogolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 03:17 AM   #14
Matthijs
Groupie
Matthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enough

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, DR800SG
Quote:
Hint: take a look at our GTK+ patches. Happy coding!

P.S. The document viewer (uds) will remain closed source.The API for plugins is fully open however and all current plugins except Mobipocket are GPL'ed as well. So adding more document formats or improving current plugins is very well possible.
Matthijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 03:18 AM   #15
Matthijs
Groupie
Matthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enough

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, DR800SG
We're also looking at releasing our Poky environment (e.g. our changes to Poky as published by OpenedHand).
Matthijs is offline   Reply With Quote