Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-27-2018, 08:14 PM   #1
lokimaq00
lokimaq00 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre Authort Sort to First Last - Title

I've been reading a lot of posts, but I still haven't found the right answer. I'm a fairly beginner-intermediate user of Calibre and I had a some sort of "First Name Last Name - Title" code set up, but I had to wipe my laptop and I don't remember how I did it. Does anyone know a simple edit to Calibre to do this? I usually don't use the Author Sort column and just stick to author and title. Thanks!
lokimaq00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 08:39 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
There is no Author Sort column in Calibre. OTOH there is an {author_sort} field that in the Metadata editor window, that can be controlled.

Preferences: Tweaks: look for <# Author sort name algorithm>

This only affects NEW Adds. To update existing entries: Select All (books): Tap "E" (bulk mode MDE): tick the box: Automatically set Author Sort: OK
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2018, 02:36 PM   #3
lokimaq00

I've seen that, but I don't understand how to manipulate it to put first name last and then the title. For example: Sara Holland - Everless. And there is an author sort column in my calibre...

https://ibb.co/jCq3Oo
Old 07-28-2018, 02:48 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokimaq00 View Post
I've seen that, but I don't understand how to manipulate it to put first name last and then the title. For example: Sara Holland - Everless. And there is an author sort column in my calibre...

https://ibb.co/jCq3Oo
That must be a Custom column, (even thought there is an internal of the same function).

That column needs to be a Column built from other Columns
see image

But why? If you want books transferred to devices. simply use the same template there and leave your DB mean and clean
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Col frm cols.JPG
Views:	298
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	165268  
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 08:04 PM   #5
lokimaq00

Turns out that I figured it out myself!!
To have the output to be: First Name Last Name - Title, you simply do the following!

Preferences -> Saving books to disks -> Template Editor:
{authors}/{authors} - {title}
Advert

Tags
author name order, calibre